Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Fred321513
My Device: None

UDS and APNs

I've recently installed BES 10.1 trial for a customer to test the UDS functionality. I have an APN certificate from Apple but on the APNs Certificate Status screen the "Connection Status" shows as failed.
The certificate has had authenticated users allowed to read the private key but this hasn't changed anything. The logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10\Logs\Core and C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10\Logs\RIM.UDS.GUI don't have any errors.
I've also used process monitor and network monitor to find out if there are any errors or what ports it is trying to use. No obvious issues in process monitor and no network activity to a remote site. 

I thought the connection status test required access to gateway.push.apple.com tcp/2195 but I'm not seeing any activity on this port.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: UDS and APNs

Make sure your firewall allows outbound initiated traffic on port 3101 to ca.bbsecure.com (where you replace ca with whatever country code is appropriate for your region).

Check out KB34193:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34193

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Re: UDS and APNs

Make sure you imported the .pfx file saved at the end of the APNs wizard to the personal certficiate store of local computer on the server that the Core is installed on. 

To check this go to start-run and type mmc.  Go to files->add/remove snap in->certificates->local computer and finish.  Then expand personal and click on certificates.  I believe the APNs certificate starts with APSP and then the serial number.

Please use plain text.