Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
opaul
My Device: Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

UDS repeats application Update request on Apple devices

Hello:

I have to UDS installed...updated to version 6.1.1.7. I have a test user with 2 devices connected to the account. IPad version 6.0...model MD366C & a IPhone version 5.1.1...model MD241C.  Both have the Mobile Fusion client installed

ISSUE:

I have deployed a mini browser to both device via the Software Configuration.  Now i receive a repeating prompt " mdm.domian.com is about to update the app "[app name]" from the app store.

This prompts repeats several times...every time i log in with my Apple ID password...it prompts me at least 3 times for the password..... then i see the app downloading / updating....it finishes the task but within another 5 - 10 min I'm prompted to do the same thing over again....then the app downloads / updates again...

This cycle continues to repeat.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and what can i do to fix this ?

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Re: UDS repeats application Update request on Apple devices

This sounds like application identifier entered for the app is invalid.  With the wrong application identifier the server will never recognize that the application has been successfully installed on the device.

Can you please let us know what the application you are trying to push out is named and what app identifier has been entered.

New Contributor
opaul

-BD- wrote:

This sounds like application identifier entered for the app is invalid.  With the wrong application identifier the server will never recognize that the application has been successfully installed on the device.

Can you please let us know what the application you are trying to push out is named and what app identifier has been entered.

I am attempting to install the Opera Mini browser as a test.  I checked my configuration and noticed the application ID i had entered was incorrect....I have updated the field...as of now this seems to not have fixed my issue...I’m attempting to back out of the install and start over by removing the software configuration policy...the application is still listed on the device even though the policy has been removed….I'm not sure if the application will be automatically uninstalled or if I am required to do this manually.

Enterprise SME
-BD-

[ Edited ]

So I just pushed out Opera Mini through my test server.  First thing I noticed is that ITunes is reporting an incomplete version for this app.  In ITunes it is showing a version of 7.0.5.  When I push out the app my phone is reporting back a version of 7.0.5.45389.  This causes UDS to show a circle that is half red and half white next to the app (incorrect version).  I was able to fix this by updating the version in my app definition.

The settings that worked for me are:

Version:  7.0.5.45389

App Identifier: com.opera.OperaMini

App Web Address: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/opera-mini-web-browser/id363729560

<edit>  One other thing I wanted to note is that the password prompt when installing apps is entirely between the IOS device and Apple.  That is not routed through UDS at all.

New Contributor
opaul

-BD- wrote:

So I just pushed out Opera Mini through my test server.  First thing I noticed is that ITunes is reporting an incomplete version for this app.  In ITunes it is showing a version of 7.0.5.  When I push out the app my phone is reporting back a version of 7.0.5.45389.  This causes UDS to show a circle that is half red and half white next to the app (incorrect version).  I was able to fix this by updating the version in my app definition.

The settings that worked for me are:

Version:  7.0.5.45389

App Identifier: com.opera.OperaMini

App Web Address: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/opera-mini-web-browser/id363729560

<edit>  One other thing I wanted to note is that the password prompt when installing apps is entirely between the IOS device and Apple.  That is not routed through UDS at all.

Thanks for the information...i did notice my app difinition had the same issue with the version number....I updated the policy....but i noticed i still received the update prompt several times...now im in the process of removing the app from both devices...then i will try pushing out the app once again...

One thing to note is when i removed the policy and the app from my test IPhone i was still receiving the update prompt from my mdm server....but my IPad seems to be fine...

I noticed my IPhone has a update available from OS version 5.1.1 - 6....im going to try updating the OS then redeploying the app to both devices.

New Contributor
opaul

Also...i thought this was the App ID 363729560? Where did you find this information (com.opera.OperaMini)
Enterprise SME
-BD-

[ Edited ]

If you want to find what the app id is for a specific application you will need to first install it onto any IOS device.  Then launch the Iphone Configuration Utility (free download from Apple) and connect your device.  Select the device and then select the applications tab.  This will list all of the installed applications and their application identifiers.

New Contributor
opaul

-BD- wrote:

If you want to find what the app id is for a specific application you will need to first install it onto any IOS device.  Then launch the Iphone Configuration Utility (free download from Apple) and connect your device.  Select the device and then select the applications tab.  This will list all of the installed applications, their versions and their application identifiers.

im guessing Itunes cant perform this function?

Enterprise SME
-BD-

Not that I've found

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

iTune cant, you need the iPCU (iPhone Configuration Utility) for that