Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
ferrarafire
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to Create Users

I'm having problems creating user in the Administration Service interface.  I've logged in as the admin but the create user interface is very blank.

I'm only getting the text below.  There are no other options.    

User > Create a user

[CREATE_A_USER]

You can create two types of users. The distinction is the initial settings for each type of user.
Create user options
Cancel

I thought it might be something to do with it not being a domain account trying to read the LDAP settings so I created a new Administrator user and gave it the Enterprise Administrator role.  Same thing and I can't figure out a way to bring that user id back to edit it and give it Security Administrator.  The user panels all come up blank.  If I do a search, I get "The request could not be completed."

My SQL database resides on another SQL 2005 server.  I was hoping to migrate my server from an one server to a server dedicated to BES tonight but this put a halt on things till I can figure out why I'm unable to work with my users.  It might be unrelated but it I couldn't select either server in the Enterprise Transporter tonight during step 3.  I could select group and policies just fine on the destination side of things but the destination server was greyed out and unselectable.  My source server only would show select but I'm not sure if it because I didn't shutdown all of the blackberry services on the source server.  :smileysad:  My source server is running 4.1.6.16 and seems to be running ok. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neo2bb

Re: Unable to Create Users

I have exactly the same problem. Can't create new BB users.

Did you find any solution?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ferrarafire

I had to remove the BlackBerry server and reinstall.  For some reason, it kept installing as a remote server instead of as a local Black Berry Server.  Be sure to check the options during the install and make sure it is installing more than just the Administrator Service and Console.  Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neo2bb

Yes that's what was happening, but i found out the reason in my case. Terminal services - application mode was installed. once i removed it and reinstalled the BES (clean install), everything went smoothly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geekzinc
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: verizon

WHY is Terminal services a showstopper?

I have a SBS 2003 server, and a Server 2008 running TS.

Both are new boxes with lots of oomph.

So again WHY is there this restriction against SBS and TS?

Please use plain text.