Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
dschnell
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unable to Delete IT Policy

I'm trying to delete the default IT (example Individual-Liable Devices) policy services on BES 5.0 for Exchange, and I get the following error when I attempt to do this in the Manage IT Policies section

• The system policy could not be deleted.
  •  

Anyone know what is causing this and how can I delete the prepackaged IT Policies? If I create a policy myself I can delete it without any issue, its just the default prepackaged ones I'm having issues with.

Guru III
    knottyrope
    My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Unable to Delete IT Policy

only way is to wipe the device from BES (if you set the reset to factory entry in IT policy) or set a non restrictive policy. The user can backup the device and use the resettofactory command then restore items.

NOTE: This will erase all data on your device so back it up!

KB18998 How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
    Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
    Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
    dschnell

I'm talking about the BES device, I'm talking the actual server. When you go to https://www.domain.com/webconsole/appMain...etc...etc, you are able to create IT Policies. Be default, BES 5.0 comes with Default, Basic, Medium, Advanced Security, etc. etc. If I attempt to delete say the Policy Basic Password Security using the Management Interface, it tells me it can't delete this policy, but if I create a Policy of my own say labeld DSCHNELL, I'm able to delete it without issue on the Web Management Interface. Any ideas why I can't delete these "Factory Default" policies? There is only one Blackberry user and he is set-up with a test policy, so no blackberry users should be using Basic Password Security, and thus preventing me from removing it.

New Contributor
    dschnell

That should be, I'm not talking about the BES device, but the Server Admin interface, but if I'm re-reading you correctly I need to delete any users from my BES server and then try deleting the Policies?

Guru III
    knottyrope
    My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The default policiy on BES can not be removed. it is the default one. Any device on BES gets the default one unless you are on SP2 and can tell what the default one should be.

I though your were refering how to get the policy off the device like thousands ask, Sorry.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
    Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
    dschnell

Just tried. Deleteing my blackberry user didn't allow me to remove the IT policy. When I go to Manage IT Policy - Choose Basic Password Security Yes- Delete the IT Policy, I'm still getting the error The System Policy Could Not Be Deleted

New Contributor
    dschnell

Default I can understand, but there are 6 other Policies (see below). Can't I remove these either? I mean it's not a major crisis if I can't, but I'm trying to keep things neat.

Basic Password Security

Medium Password Security

Advance Security

Medium Security with 3rd Party Applications

Advaned 3rd Party

Individual-Liable

Guru III
    knottyrope
    My Device:

Correct, system policy can not be deleted.