Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
tanteilisa
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to add an application to a software configuration in BES 5.0

I've recently upgraded our BES for testing from 4.1.5 to 5.0 with an in-place upgrade.  I have the software configuration created.

If I go to Sofware > Manage Software Configuration > selected the one that I created > click on the Application tab > Edit software configuration, I get the following error message:

"The application network share has not been defined in the BlackBerry Administration Service component."

Does anyonw know what I'm missing and how I can fix this problem?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Unable to add an application to a software configuration in BES 5.0

Happened to me before also, have you tried recreating the software config and or putting the files back on the network share? what kind of files are in the software config?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor
tanteilisa

I created several new software configurations and uploaded several versions of the application (.zip files containing .cod files, .alx files etc.) via the BAS.  They all seem to have uploaded and 'deployed' fine and I see them, but when I want to associate the application to a software configuration, I can't ... I get that error. 

I'm not sure what you mean by 'network share' either.. so maybe that's why I don't understand the error. 

sfares

I am having the same issue.  I am also trying to create a software configuration for our previous Worldmate Live application that we were able to push out to our handhelds before on version 4.1 but unable to perform on 5.0 

We only truly have two applications we need to push to our users Worldmate Live and OCS but I cannot get either one to setup under applications for Software Configuration, I ge the following message - "The application network share has not been defined in the BlackBerry Administration Service component."  I have the share setup as indicated from the user guide... Not sure what is wrong.

New Contributor
tanteilisa

I figured it out.

I was missing one simple setting in the BAS.  It was actually on the blackberry website but I was mislead by the title

Step 1: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7316/Create_a_shared_network_folder_505177_11.jsp

Step 2: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7316/Set_up_BAS_to_administer_BB_device_software_50...

Hope that helps.

sfares

Yes that helped a great deal, thanks!

Scott

migoboy
My Device: bb 8320

Hi,

i can't seem to successfully push worldmate live app via OTA. I have successfully created the application, created software configuration, added the application in the configuration and added it in user's profile. My BB still does not show the icon for worldmate live. I have successfully pushed app from server to user's bb before but for worldmate live it is not working.

Any idea?

Thanks

Contributor
ScRaSh
My Device: 8520

BlackBerry model?

Super Contributor
fermanagh
My Device: Z30

What does it show in the POLC log? ~Any errors?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
stuarthollis
My Device: 8900

Im having the same problem as deascribed. The first web link works however the second one has been removed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for step 2 please?