Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
noname
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★
Accepted Solution

Unable to create an admin account for BAS using a Domino account

(Source: Permit an administrator to log in to the BlackBerry Administration Service using a messaging server ...)

Permit an administrator to log in to the BlackBerry Administration Service using a messaging server account

You can permit an administrator to log in to the BlackBerry® Administration Service using a user name and password for the messaging server.

1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
2. Click Manage users.
3. Search for a user account.
4. In the search results, click the display name for the user account.
5. Click Edit user.
6. In the Authentication type section, click the Edit icon.
7. In the User information section, in the Display name field, type the user name.
8. In the Authentication type section, type and verify a password.
9. Click the Update icon.
10. Click Save all.

I tried but couldn't locate the Edit icon and Update icon. Anybody also has the same problem

noname
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

Re: Unable to create an admin account for BAS using a Domino account

No takers? I found the steps. The steps found in the Administrator Guide is invalid and non-existence on the admin webconsole. Maybe its for beta BES5.0? Anyway, I've successfully enabled a Domino account be an admin.

First, you must create a BlackBerry user account for this Domino account, doesn't matter with or without activation password. Then, you edit this user and go to the Role tab to assign the relevant admin roles, save it.

On the BAS admin webconsole, select Domino authentication type and specify the user ID as the Notes hierarical (canonical) name and punch in the Person doc's Internet Password for the login information.

Enjoy! :smileyhappy: