Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
BEShcc
My Device: N/A
Accepted Solution

Unable to log into UDS administration page

When I try to log into the UDS administration page, https://[hostname]:8443/authorize.do, I get the following error:

"An error occurred. The site might be temporarily unavailable. Click OK to attempt to return to the login page."

I can log into the BES Express administration console and all services are running, including the web publishing service. However, I noticed that https://[hostname]:8081/ does not work, and I get "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable"

What could be the problem?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
unpp
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to log into UDS administration page

is bes express and uds on the same server?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BEShcc

Yes they are.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stacehamilton
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Not sure if you are having the same issue I had but my IIS website CORE module didnt have the CORE BUDS certificate bound.  Aftering going into bindings and choosing the cert it worked fine.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BEShcc

The Core BUDS certificate is binded to it. I was told by blackberry support that the UDS could not be on the same host as BES or BES Express. I installed the Universal Device Service on a separate host and it worked. However, when I restarted, I was no longer able to log into the administration page. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BEShcc

I have found a solution and am posting for anyone else that encounters the same issue. For some reason I browsed to the Application Pool in IIS Manager and noticed that UDS Core Application Pool was disabled. Hence, I was unable to log in to the administration console. It is required that the account used to install UDS have the right to log in as a service AND as a batch job. The documentation did not include this and thanks to the Windows Server logs, I was able to troubleshoot and solve the issue.

Please use plain text.