Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: playbook

Universal Device Service activesync

Hi,

Ive managed to get most of this product working ie ios and android devices activating and showing in the management console. I have an externally facing server hosting the communication service which then communicates with the rest of the gubins in the background.

My issue is that our exchange server is not available to the outside world (via internet) so does the email profile work when specifying the internal address of the exchange box? I would have thought that the traffic would flow through the uds inerface to the internal exchange server but ive tried many different variations of the setting to no avail.

If the iphone is connected to the internal access point then emails start flowing but thats not much use.

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: 9900

Re: Universal Device Service activesync

You need to have a vpn profile setup and pushed out to the device if you aren't exposing Activesync to the internet

Contributor

ah ok that clears that one up then. Not what I was hoping for but thank you for the update.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am curious as to if you have made this work or not, having your ActiveSync exposed internally only and being able to use the fusion and UDS service. Was a VPN profile your solution? If so, how was it configured?

Contributor

Yes i got this working through the use of our microsoft uag server which was able to allow external access to activesync. I'm still playing with the vpn ability for extra conectivity such as citrix and rdp but we are awaiting some trial ipads for this.

If you dont want to expose your activesync then vpn's will be the only way.