Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Reply
New Contributor
neiladair
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎06-12-2012
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

Universal Device Service

have just installed Universal device service and when trying to add in users I get the following error  "The system encountered an error and could not search the user directory."  I have added the AD directory username and password etc in :Wacko:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Toonces
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-18-2012
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Universal Device Service

Ensure that your server name is prefixed with LDAP://

 

eg:  LDAP://DomainControllerServerName

 

Of course you'll need to adjust things unless, of course, you've actually named your domain controller DomainControllerServerName.

 

 

 

 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcodelvalle
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: movistar

Re: Universal Device Service

i have configured LDAP://DomainControllerServerName but tell me to same "the system encounted an error and could not search the user directory". This is strange because with other DomainControllerServerName is successfull.

 

help me please!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neiladair
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎06-12-2012
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Universal Device Service

You will need to fill in the "from email address" on the activation email under settings

Please use plain text.
New Member
prasanna19762000
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-14-2012
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: Universal Device Service

Have you managed to sort the issue? I am having the same problem. TY

Please use plain text.
New Developer
geh_dirt
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎12-14-2009
My Device: Bold (9650), Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

Re: Universal Device Service

I'm not sure if this applies to your problem, but I was getting that error, every time I did anything with the users... Adding, adding to a group, updating...

 

I also was stumped on where the freaking IT Policies and Profiles were at... It was driving me nuts that I couldn't configure these items, that are listed in the documentation.

 

Finally, I tried opening the UDS console on FireFox, instead of using IE 8... AND BOOM BABY!... there it was, I could finally create a Profile... AND... as it happens, my errors went away as well.

 

Hope that helps.

****
I love it when things don't work the way they are supposed to, because then I get to fix them.
****
Please use plain text.