Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
deepiceman
My Device: Not Specified

Upgrade 4.1.6 to 5.0.1 issues

Hi All,

We are trying to upgrade our BES from version 4.1.6.10 to 5.0.1.4 and are having issues with it. Let me start by giving you guys some background info.

BES 4.1 started out as BES Express and as users were added we bought the full server license (a few years ago). Currently there are 20 users and BES is running on Windows 2003 server. *** This is a physical server.

We used the "cutover upgrade" process and a new SRP/key combination for the new server. The new server is a virtual machine running Windows server 2008. It is a BES Express download since we only have 20 users. First we upgraded the database on the old server and then went through the install on the new server. During install Active Directory authentication was selected. However it will only login using the "BESAdmin" credentials. As soon as we login we get the following error.

"The license information was incorrect or could not be verified. You must specify the license information to start the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Contact support to receive additional license information"

When we go under BAS and try to edit the instance we don't have any other options besides changing the name. I saw something online about this that its a known issue and the only way to fix this is to delete the license keys and do a reinstall on version 5.

Now we cannot access Server Manager anymore because of the database upgrade so I cannot delete the license keys. However I looked in the BESMgmt database and saw that there is only 1 license key in the table whereas we have atleast 5 in our records (for a total of 20).

What are my options at this point and if need be how do I delete the license keys and put in the new ones?

Thanks,

deepiceman

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Upgrade 4.1.6 to 5.0.1 issues

Do you have a backup of the old database?

if yes mount it in sql in a new instance and try this

From command-line, you can do the following:

bcp "select LicenseKey from BESMgmt.dbo.LicenseKeys where type = 0" queryout c:\licensekeys.txt -c -T -R -E -Sdbservername

That will export all installed license keys to the text file specified in the command. Just be sure to change dbservername to your SQL/MSDE server. This needs to be run from a server/machine that has bcp.exe installed, though (installed by default with SQL and MSDE installations).

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deepiceman
My Device: Not Specified

I ran the command and the result was "0 rows copied"

I copied the backup database to another machine and looked at the table using GUI and I see that the type was "1" instead of "0" and there was a single row listed in the whole table.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you choose the correct database?

I have seen old ones linger before

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]

oops

Please use plain text.