Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Upgrade Device from BES

I just upgraded the server from 4.X to 5 a yesterday and I'm fumbling my way through things so far......  Does anybody have a easy explanation as to how I can push device upgrades out via the server? 

THANKS!!

Retired

Re: Upgrade Device from BES

This document contains the info you're looking for:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/7269/BB_Device_Software_Upgdate_Guide.pdf.

Check out chapter 4 for the configuration you requested but note that in order to use it, the devices must already have 4.5 handheld code.  Check out chapter 3 for a useful alternative.

New Contributor

Thanks!  I'll give it a look!

Just wondering if you or anyone has had any luck with upgrading a device.  I have tried following the instructions in the pdf, but the one device I'm trying to update still gives me update rejected.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

By default, wireless service providers are not permitted to update the BlackBerry Device Software over the wireless network.  Call and check with them.