Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
MJackson72
My Device: Not Specified

Upgrade and Migration

My company has recently moved to an Exchange Server 2007 environment running on windows server 2008 64bit. Our blackberry users are still on the Exchange server 2003 box, running Windows server 2003. We are running BBES v4.1.4.26 on the Exchange server 2003 box; we plan on installing BBES v5 on the Exchange server 2007 box. I have a few questions:

1. Should I perform an in-place upgrade to BBES v5 on the Exchange server 2003 box and then migrate to the Exchange server 2007 box?

2. Should I move the users mailboxes to the Exchange server 2007 box before or after the migration?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Upgrade and Migration

Can you tell me the bundle number in add remove programs then click on more info on the blackberry server software.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MJackson72

The Bundle number is 134
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you mean 143?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

MJackson72 wrote:

My company has recently moved to an Exchange Server 2007 environment running on windows server 2008 64bit. Our blackberry users are still on the Exchange server 2003 box, running Windows server 2003. We are running BBES v4.1.4.26 on the Exchange server 2003 box; we plan on installing BBES v5 on the Exchange server 2007 box.   I have a few questions:

1. Should I perform an in-place upgrade to BBES v5 on the Exchange server 2003 box and then migrate to the Exchange server 2007 box? I would not recomnd that at all, BES 5.0 will break anything using port 80 and 443. Best to install on its own box. It is not like 4.1.x

2. Should I move the users mailboxes to the Exchange server 2007 box before or after the migration? It really does not matter.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MJackson72

No 134

Version: 4.1.4 MR4 (Roolup)(Bundle 134)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Ok just making sure it was not professional. (has happened before)

Please use plain text.