Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Reply
New Contributor
mR1000
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-10-2013
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Upgrade problem 10.1.2 to 10.1.3

Hello,

 

we tried to upgrade one of our Core Server from 10.1.2 to 10.2.3. After a long time the installation stops with the message: "An error occurred during the installation and the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 software installation did not complete" (Like described in the log file, 98% of the installation are finished)

 

Within the setup log, we got at the end: "<#01>[10000] (10/10 09:16:22.797):{0x1520} [CDBComp::Install]: Failed to install/upgrade database BDSMgmt_UDS - SQL Error."

 

There is also an error before: "<#02>[20000] (10/10 08:16:21.826):{0x1520} [CBESDBInstaller::executeRetryDDL] COM Error 0x80040E14 - IDispatch error #3092 - Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" - Description "Incorrect syntax near 'ex'." Native error = 102"

 

All other SQL-Queries, used before, where executed succesful

 

 

Does anyone have the same error or a hint  where the error could be?

 

Thank you in advance!

Contributor
delcid05
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎08-22-2013
My Device: Z10

Re: Upgrade problem 10.1.2 to 10.1.3

I had exacly the same problem during the upgrade. But my problem was that i was not using the same account when i install the server for the first time as a result my account is not authorize to edit the databases that the setup needs to update.But this happen at the beginning of the upgrade, and it fails at the same place as you. I already submit this issue to Blackberry support and they are going to look at it. As soon as i get an answer i'll keep you posted.

New Contributor
mR1000
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-10-2013
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Upgrade problem 10.1.2 to 10.1.3

[ Edited ]

No, the user is the right one.

 

But we've solved the problem... What a silly bug...

 

When you extract the Update, RIM provides you the possibility to select a folder where the files should be extracted. We selected our standard upgrade directory and not the recommended by the installer ( C:\Program Files ) ... So the upgrade will fail.

 

 

If you don't change the directory everything work...