Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
BSnyder
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Upgrade to BES 10.1 from 10

Stepped through the upgrade process of 10.0 to 10.1 last evening.

Server:  Windows 2008 R2

SQL Server 2008 R2

The installation/upgrade stepped all the way through the process until the final stage.  

I then get an error like this:  "An error occurred during the installation process and the Blackberry Enterprise Service 10 software installation did not complete.  For more information, check the installation log files on the comptuer....

When I go back to Setup.exe, it tries the final stage of the install again and I get the same error back.

When checking the setup log, its enormous and I don't know where to start.  

I'm seeing errors like this in the log however...

"CWebRequestWrapper::RetrieveData: Failed to retrieve data. Error status code [500]."

"CRestApiWrapper::GetUserProperties: Failed to retrieve the user account's properties. name: [ubi], type: [1], return: [486003]."

"CUbitexxCoreConnectionDC::CheckCore: Unable to pass the authentication check."

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Upgrade to BES 10.1 from 10

I'd suggest calling BlackBerry Tech Support. Their installers are notoriously cranky and very difficult to troubleshoot without assistance.

The whole 10.0 -> 10.1 process is a complete pooch-screw IMO, I just ended up installing a new 10.1 server and am in the process of reactivating everyone on the new environment.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.