If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
BSnyder
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Upgrade to BES 10.1 from 10

Stepped through the upgrade process of 10.0 to 10.1 last evening.

Server:  Windows 2008 R2

SQL Server 2008 R2

The installation/upgrade stepped all the way through the process until the final stage.  

I then get an error like this:  "An error occurred during the installation process and the Blackberry Enterprise Service 10 software installation did not complete.  For more information, check the installation log files on the comptuer....

When I go back to Setup.exe, it tries the final stage of the install again and I get the same error back.

When checking the setup log, its enormous and I don't know where to start.  

I'm seeing errors like this in the log however...

"CWebRequestWrapper::RetrieveData: Failed to retrieve data. Error status code [500]."

"CRestApiWrapper::GetUserProperties: Failed to retrieve the user account's properties. name: [ubi], type: [1], return: [486003]."

"CUbitexxCoreConnectionDC::CheckCore: Unable to pass the authentication check."

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Upgrade to BES 10.1 from 10

I'd suggest calling BlackBerry Tech Support. Their installers are notoriously cranky and very difficult to troubleshoot without assistance.

The whole 10.0 -> 10.1 process is a complete pooch-screw IMO, I just ended up installing a new 10.1 server and am in the process of reactivating everyone on the new environment.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.