Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
BEShcc
My Device: N/A

Upgrading BES 10 to BES 10.1

I have tried to upgrade an existing BES 10 set up running BDS and the Management Studio on the same box. UDS is not installed. For the installation of 10.1, I uninstalled the Managment Studio, and everything progreesed normally until after the restart. On the finalizing the installation step, the installation fails and says to check the installation log. I have checked the logs and the only error that is logged is being unable to find/open a webconfig.xml file. I checked the path and there is no such file. 

Has anyone else successfully upgraded or otherwise from BES 10 to 10.1?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Upgrading BES 10 to BES 10.1

I have upgraded successfully BDS to 10.1. But I initially got the same problem.

I uninstalled 10.1 completely, manually removed registry keys and files. Just kept the DB. Then installed again, pointing the setup to the existing DB. Then the install went through fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stentofon
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Do you know which keys you removed to make the install progress?

I've cleaned the registry so many times in the last week trying to make this work, I think it's nearly see-through...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

Any keys and folders that contain "Research In Motion", especially under

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BEShcc

The installer appears to remove the previous version, preserving all data and installs the new version. By removing the registry keys its like doing a clean install of 10.1. I can see why the install would succeed in that case. So the 10.1 installer will use the old database and upgrade it automatically when leaving only that behind from the previous installation? 

I've gone through the upgrade guide again in case I have missed a preupgrade task and could not find anything that applies to my case. Some official word from Blackberry Technical Support would be beneficial at this point.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

All the important config is in the DB, so I did not lose anything when cleaning the registry. At the beginning of the setup you have to indicate that you want to connect to an existing DB.

If you need an official statement from BB support, you have to open a support case.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BEShcc

Ok thanks. I will contact BlackBerry to ensure that this will not cause issues with future upgrades.
Please use plain text.