Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
hakimij
My Device: Bold 9700, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Upgrading BES Express 5.0.X

Hi All

We are upgrading our BES Express server to 5.0.3 inorder to implement Blackberry fusion and update Exchange 2010 SP2.

Current System Setup:

- BES Express version for Microsoft Exchange version 5.0.2 (Bundle 14) installed on Windows server 2008 SP2 64-bit

- Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 RollUp 6

- BES Database is on remote server and managed my Microsoft SQL Server 2008 64 bit.

Questions:

- When I download the BES Express 5.0.3, can i just run the install on the current BES Express server and it will update to new version?

- Will it keep all the users and database information?

I also plan one installing mobile fusion on the same BES Express server.

Is there anything i need to be aware of?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Upgrading BES Express 5.0.X

hakimij wrote:

Hi All

We are upgrading our BES Express server to 5.0.3 inorder to implement Blackberry fusion and update Exchange 2010 SP2.

Current System Setup:

- BES Express version for Microsoft Exchange version 5.0.2 (Bundle 14) installed on Windows server 2008 SP2 64-bit

- Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 RollUp 6

- BES Database is on remote server and managed my Microsoft SQL Server 2008 64 bit.

Questions:

- When I download the BES Express 5.0.3, can i just run the install on the current BES Express server and it will update to new version? YES

- Will it keep all the users and database information? YES

I also plan one installing mobile fusion on the same BES Express server.  I think it requires a second server OS to be installed on.

Is there anything i need to be aware of?

Thanks

We have a forum just for Fusion.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Mobile-Fusion/bd-p/Fusion

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.