Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Bell

Urgent: Internet down, any way to push emails to blackberries on enterprise?

Hi all.

The internet at our office stopped working today and we have to wait for a technician to come tomorrow and fix it. It's a serious issue with the internet line, not one that can be easily fixed by replacing a router, cable, or modem.

Normally we would make do without but some of our senior partners are travelling abroad on business and it's absolutely crucial that emails get pushed to their blackberries so that they can communicate freely and close deals.

As of now, since we don't have internet access, this service is not working.

Is there ANY way of solving this problem? I'm fairly technical but I do not know much about the blackberry enterprise server/service nor what it needs in order to function properly.

Please help, because the weight of their trip is resting on my shoulders!

Contributor
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: Germany

Re: Urgent: Internet down, any way to push emails to blackberries on enterprise?

Just connect a mobile modem/thethering/blackberry device o the server and give him internet.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

Re: Urgent: Internet down, any way to push emails to blackberries on enterprise?

Without Internet you do not get any emails and can not send any emails from / to your exchange.

So there is nothing to sync with the BBs of your management.

My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Bell

What does the actual sever look like?

Basically we have a DSL cable going to a speedstream modem, which is connected to a wireless router, which is connected to a gigabit switch.

If i take a blackberry with USB and I connect it through usb to the router...will that work? Where is the blackberry server actually located or is it a dedicated server?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

jtalmi wrote:
What does the actual sever look like?

Basically we have a DSL cable going to a speedstream modem, which is connected to a wireless router, which is connected to a gigabit switch.

If i take a blackberry with USB and I connect it through usb to the router...will that work? Where is the blackberry server actually located or is it a dedicated server?

If you don´t know your infrastructure, how should we?

Don´t you have an IT department that is managing your servers?

The BlackBerry Server can be a standalone machine and it can also be a virtual machine on a Server Host.

Or your servers are somewhere in the cloud and you don´t have anything physical at your location.

But if you have your own BlackBerry Server then you should also have your own email-Server (Exchange, Notes...).

Without Internet you don´t even get any emails from outisde, so what are you going to route through the BlackBerry Server?

You can´t just connect a BlackBerry or any Smartphone to a real Server and have the same internet connection as before. You need corresponing routing information, fixed IP adresses, Firewall rules and connections to keep the system running.

cu