Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

V5 upgrade path - New server

We have been given the following steps to upgrade to a new server.

1.        Create a new server in the Mylan domain
2.        Download and install BES V5, this will give a temp license of 60 days and will also give us 20 cals

3.        Migrate 20 users from the old system to  the new

4.        Move the all cals from the old system to the new

5.        Upgrade the old version to version 5, this effectively upgrades the SRP

6.        Move the upgraded SRP to the New Server, this will effectively remove the 60 days demo license key

Does this sound right. I have read in other posts that RIM will supply you with a temporary SRP.

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: V5 upgrade path - New server

You can just buy it and install on the new box.

Then after all is working and tested Copy CALs then move users over with transporter.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

This post states you can get a temp SRP for free. Is this true.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=bes5&thread.id=1374

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes it is true.

Download a trial

https://www.blackberry.com/eBES/trialOrder.do?id=15

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

I now have a new SRP to use on my new server. Is it simple to move the cals on the old servers to the new so I can start migrating people off the old.
Guru III
My Device:

With SSMS you can export import them

Contributor

Okay, so color me stupid.. What is SSMS. I googled and found Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio..
Guru III
My Device:

Bingo, that is what you use for it.

there is a license key in the database you can get the CALs from

Contributor

Once I setup the new server with it's own (new) SRP. Is this the right place to look for the license keys - dbo.LicenseKeys - . Once I have them can I just enter them into the new server and then move people over using the transition tool? Will this effect the old server?

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

That is the correct place 

There should be no impact on the old server.