Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
achaddy
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: O2

View IT policy settings from within export file

Hi

I have installed a new installation of BES 5.0.3 and have been given an IT policy export file from another system to import into this installtion as the policy setting need to be identical.

However, the policy was from BES 4.1 extracted using the IT Policy ImportExport utility from resource kit v5.0.2.

When I try to import this into version 5.0.3 I receive the following message:

Error: An IT policy rule named 'Common policy group' (Tag = 21, SubTag = 0) which was in the original database does not exist in this database.

This seems to be a known issue due to the policy groups being renamed accross the different versions and the suggested work around is to create a database blank in the old version, import policy, update schema and then export the policy allowing you to install it into version 5. Unfortunatley, I don't have access to the older version so it looks like I need to go through and manually set the policy but I don't know what the settings are and have no access to where the original policy was exported from.

Is there a way to read the data in the export file and decipher what policy settings are configured? I have tried to import it into Excel but the result doesn't really make much sense.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andy

Please use plain text.