Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

jgriffith
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Re: Web Console's only available on server

[ Edited ]

In my case (SBS 2011), I found the issue to be that the web console was listening on the RRAS IP. As such, launching the web console from the server would work successfully, but not from clients. This is because the clients were resolving the IP address to the correct IP of the SBS 2011 server; however the web console wasn't listening on that IP.

Here is what I did.

From the server, confirm this is the issue by typing: netstat -an | find "3443"

Check if the IP listed is the correct IP address. For my SBS 2011 installation, the IP was the RRAS IP.

After doing some reading, it seems you cannot change the IP directly, but the web console will listen on whichever adapter is first in the binding order. In my case, the RRAS adapter was first.

To confirm this, from the server, type: ipconfig/all

In my case, the RRAS adapter was the first one listed.

I corrected this by going to Network and Sharing Center, Manage Adapters, Press ALT, click Advanced. I noticed that the entry for Remote connections was already last, but my physical NICs were out of order. I sequenced them properly and then on the next tab, I moved Windows Network above Remote Desktop.

After applying these changes, I noticed that ipconfig was no longer indicating my RRAS interface was first, but rather my primary interface as first instead...just like it should be. :smileyhappy: 

I then restarted the two BlackBerry Administration services and the netstat command showed the correct IP. Client access to the web console was then successful.

Please use plain text.