Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
Coopfab
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Web Desktop Manager error; "Not Blackberry Enabled"

We're running 5.0.3 and get this error message after logging into the Web Desktop Manager; "Not Blackberry Enabled". We followed the workaround outlined in KB18486 and found the user is "Enabled as a Blackberry User".  Is there another workaround? Thanks in advance for your interest. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

Re: Web Desktop Manager error; "Not Blackberry Enabled"

What service books are on the device?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Coopfab

There are a lot, 12 for Desktop and about 10 other. They all have a check mark in front of the service.  What's next?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth

So the device is activated already?

With Desktop service books, this shows to be the case.

Please advise the full nature of the issue, the handheld and user.

Is the Contract provisioned correctly?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Coopfab

The full error message is below. It appears after the user logs in, all tabs are cold. The device is is a 9630 and there are two users, Besadmin and Mark.  Error message is the same for both, Mark is an administrator.  Don't know about the provisioning of the Contract, please explain.  Thanks for your continued support.

Not Blackberry enabled

You are not BlackBerry enabled and can not proceed in the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager.

Contact your system administrator to enable you as a BlackBerry user.

Communications enabled, no devices connected

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Coopfab wrote:

The full error message is below. It appears after the user logs in, all tabs are cold. The device is is a 9630 and there are two users, Besadmin and Mark.  Error message is the same for both, Mark is an administrator.  Don't know about the provisioning of the Contract, please explain.  Thanks for your continued support.

Not Blackberry enabled

You are not BlackBerry enabled and can not proceed in the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager.

Contact your system administrator to enable you as a BlackBerry user.

Communications enabled, no devices connected

admin of what?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Coopfab

Logging in as Besadmin I expanded the privileges of Mark.  Now when Mark logs in the  Web Desktop manager shows this:

Complete the setup process

The necessary controls have not been installed.

The functionality of the BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager is unavailable until the necessary controls are installed successfully.

Try installing the necessary controls again.

The Microsoft® ActiveX® controls might not install if you do not have administrative permissions for this computer. If you do not install the Microsoft ActiveX controls on this computer, you cannot manage BlackBerry® devices that are attached to this computer.  Ignore necessary controls installation.

For complete functionality, the Blackberry® Web Desktop Manager requires Windows® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later with JavaScript® turned on. For more information, see the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Installation and Configuration Guide.

I installed Java but can't install ActiveX if that is the issue.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth

In order to recognize the hardware USB via Internet Explorer, ActiveX is required.

This needs to be resolved.

Contract provisioning, BlackBerry Data Plan on cellular contract.

BES or BIS?

If BIS, your alternative is to wirelessly activate with the use of the Enterprise Activation app available via appworld.

Please use plain text.