Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
whatever
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Web Desktop Manager: "The personal redirection folders are unavailable"

Just installed BES5 but I have a small problem. When logging into the Web Desktop Manager, Email Settings, Redirection Folders the following error is displayed:

"The personal redirection folders are unavailable. Contact your system administrator."

Do I have a permission error somewhere?

Everything else seem to work fine. Emails are being delivered to the handheld. Calendar and other stuff syncs just fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whatever

Re: Web Desktop Manager: "The personal redirection folders are unavailable"

Anyone? Please?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
BesManian_Devil

Hello whatever,

1. When you are seeing this message who are you logged in as?

2. Where do you have the webdesktop manager installed? Is it on the BlackBerry Server or is installed remotely?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whatever

Hi, thanks for trying to help me!

Any user that uses the Web Desktop Manager sees this message when selecting the "Email Settings" tab, and clicking the "Redirection Folders". Under their name and before it says "Folder redirection settings" this message is shown in red.

2. Where do you have the webdesktop manager installed? Is it on the BlackBerry Server or is installed remotely?

It is installed on the same server as the BES server. 

I also noticed a similar message in the Blackberry Administration Server, when editing the message configuration of any user, at the "E-mail" tab. The error is "A general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the users redirection settings. The redirection folders will not be displayed." Again, this error is shown in red. I think the two errors are related.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

whatever wrote:

Hi, thanks for trying to help me!

Any user that uses the Web Desktop Manager sees this message when selecting the "Email Settings" tab, and clicking the "Redirection Folders". Under their name and before it says "Folder redirection settings" this message is shown in red.

Are you able to restart exchange/sql/bes in that order and then see if this issue persits? Sounds like it is having issues talking to your mail platform.

It is installed on the same server as the BES server. 

Sounds simliar to the setup that I was orginally working with, I would try the reboots in that order.

I also noticed a similar message in the Blackberry Administration Server, when editing the message configuration of any user, at the "E-mail" tab. The error is "A general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the users redirection settings. The redirection folders will not be displayed." Again, this error is shown in red. I think the two errors are related.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whatever

> Are you able to restart exchange/sql/bes in that order and then see if this issue persits? Sounds like it is having issues talking to your mail platform.

I tried but it did not make any difference. Thanks anyway!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
whatever

Anyone else?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whatever

Sorry to bump this up again, but I can't find a solution anywhere... Is there anyone that can help me find a solution?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whatever

Okee, I found some more info in the logfiles. Here is the situation:

When selecting "Email Settings/Redirection Folders" all of my users are getting this error: "The personal redirection folders are unavailable. Contact your system administrator."

The logfile (server02_BBAS-AS_01_yyyymmdd_nnnn.txt) then shows this error:

(05/17 21:18:53:273):{http-SERVER02.DOMAIN.LOCAL%2F10.0.0.102-443-1} [com.rim.bes.basplugin.emailcommon.EmailManagerBase] [WARN] [BASX-2545] {u=9, uc=8, o=0, t=25626} _getPersonalRedirectionFolderInformation error from mailstore getting personal redirection folders - Mailstore server exception occurred in function: JMailstore::decode, RPC host: SERVER02, Error: 609 - Unknown error.

Some of my users are also having problems selecting Contact folders at "Email Settings/Contact Folders". The default folder usually shows (without the number of contacts) and the "Default contact folder" dropdown doesn't show the name of the contat folder but a long string of characters instead (like "AAAAABXVj150+FpDnwvRbWU4/7cBAF9zZqaBBnhJo2RNdlO8J5EAAAAAAEMAAA=="). The logfile (same logfile as above) then shows this error:

(05/17 21:19:23:080):{http-SERVER02.DOMAIN.LOCAL%2F10.0.0.102-443-1} [com.rim.bes.basplugin.emailexchange.EmailExchangeM anagerBean] [WARN] [BASX-2545] {u=9, uc=8, o=0, t=26436} getAvailablePrivateContactFolders could not get private contact folders due to mailstore service error for user identifier 9 - Mailstore server exception occurred in function: JMailstore::decode, RPC host: SERVER02, Error: 609 - Unknown error.

What kind of mailstore error do I have? All the permissions seems fine. Already re-installed BAS and even the whole BES server...

Please use plain text.
bharkol1

We are getting the same errors.  I submitted a ticket.  I will update this after I hear from support.
Please use plain text.