Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TELUS

What settings are saved by BES?

Hi There, I was wondering if anyone who is on BES 10 has ever done a device switch yet

On the OLD BES 5 - if i got a new device and i activated it - all of my settings, ringtones, shortcuts, phone logs, etc etc would be pushed to the new device, as these were backed up authomatically with BES/BB Config

We are now running BES 10 and i currently have a Z10.  I am looking at upgrading to a Q10 - and i am wondering, what settings will be copied over to my new device when i activate the Q10.  For example, i spent hours linking contacts together (My Address Book & Linked In), All of my profile settings?  Call Logs ?? etc etc

Does any one know?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: What settings are saved by BES?

not much is backed up right now, you can use BlackBerry Protect to back it up and active sync will restore mail

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.