Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

When the KDC goes away - service stops

Hello, all.

First, my setup - a rather non-descript one, with a single Exchange 2003 mailbox server in a native Windows 2003 AD domain, two DCs and BES 5.0.0 running on a Windows 2003 32bit server. Database is MSSQL 2005 running on a separate box.

The issue is this: Our DCs are updated weekly, When they reboot, the BES server can't authenticate to the database (of course) or Exchaneg servercausing a failure of the Messaging Service, until I either re-start the services or reboot the whole box.

I intend to have the DC reboots staggered next time, but if we somehow lose both DCs for a minute in the future BES will go south again. I'd rather it die completely if it can't connect to the database or Exchange for any reason. That would let me restart it after 5 minutes automatically or get a warning or something, rather than have my CIO call my cell to complain. Is there any way to configure this, or am I just going to have to monitor the situation manually?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: When the KDC goes away - service stops

If it is weekly then run a script to reboot BES a few minutes later.

All my update/reboots are manual so BES gets booted last.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V