Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
daman0
My Device: iPhone 4S
Accepted Solution

Why does UDS take so long to push Policies and Profiles to iOS?

I gotta say, I'm actually liking Universal Device Service so far.  We just deployed 90 iPads and a couple of iPhones and it's going really well.  BUT.  After I install the BES10 client on an iOS device, and activate it, why does it take so long for the device to prompt the user to enter a new passcode (as required by my IT policy) and enter their Lotus Notes password (as defined by my Email Profile)?

The first few times I went thru the process I thought it was broken because it took so long.  I discovered that if I activate, if I then deactivate, and then reactivate again, I get prompted immediately.  But if I just activate and let it sit, it will eventually prompt me (or the user, whatever), to enter that information.  Eventually.  It might take half an hour or so but it does eventually prompt.

Anyone know why it's taking so long to get prompted, or what I can do to speed it up, or why it prompts immediately if I activate, deactivate, and reactivate?  I'd really appreciate any help on this because I feel like something is wrong and if I can fix it, it will make the activation process a breeze for everyone.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
daman0

Re: Why does UDS take so long to push Policies and Profiles to iOS?

I got a cryptic message back from BlackBerry support saying that I should try doing a "refresh" in the BES10 Client on the device when I'm waiting for it to get Policies and Profiles.  I wrote back asking what that meant but haven't heard anything.

Anyone else know about a "refresh" in the BES10 client?  Any idea what that means?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
daman0

Re: Why does UDS take so long to push Policies and Profiles to iOS?

I finally heard back from BB support just now:

"For refresh in BES10 client, you just need close the APP and re-launch it.
If you still experience the same situation, I will suggest you call us and do troubleshooting on the line."

So there you go.  Close the App and re-launch.  For what it's worth, Profiles and Policies have actually appeared immediately following activation for the last 4 devices or so, ever since I rebooted the server recently.  This certainly wasn't the first time I'd rebooted but somehow this might have actually fixed the problem.

I'm guessing no one else has been seeing any sort of delay between activation and the delivery of profiles and policies on the devices?

Please use plain text.