Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
redteg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Workaround until BES10 upgrade?

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of a way to get a BB Z10 workign for Corporate email is the company is not on BES 10 yet?

A few users in our office went out and got Z10's only to find out we are not on BES 10 so it is useless. We use Zenprise for mdm and have no issues on the iphone/android so was wondering if the BB Z10 could connect the same way to our older BES network.

Is anyone aware of a workaround or version of Zenprise for OS10? If not I guess the users will need to seitch back to older BB units that use the old enterprise activation method.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Workaround until BES10 upgrade?

I have my Z10 on EAS with Exchange 2003

BB10 wont connect to older BES, you need BES 10 which has a trial for free

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam

The Z10 supports ActiveSync, so you can connect that way assuming your organization allows it. You won't be able to manage the devices using ZENprise, but as long as you can establish an ActiveSync connection to your email server you should be able to get things up and running.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
redteg
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks guys. Unfortunately due to corporate policies all devices connecting to the mail server via EAS have to be running Zenprise. I'll have to wait until the BES10 upgrade is complete or a compatible app is avail be for Os10 devices.

Thanks you though.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Cause BlackBerry is not opening their Management APIs for 3rd Parties, Zenprise can't do anything with an App like they can on iOS - I would recommend to install a test version of BDS and have a look to the new iOS and Android Clients with UDS later on (when BlackBerry released their Sandbox Client).
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

Management APIs for 3rd Parties, Zenprise can't do anything with an App like they can on iOS - I would recommend to install a test version of BDS and have a look to the new iOS and Android Clients
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

BES10 upgrade support form blackberry@rim.com
Please use plain text.