Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Z10 activation falis

Hi,

I have installed the Blackberry enterprise service 10, but activation fails. I can see from the log of the Blackberry enterprise service that the device Z10 is connecting to the server. Step 'Contacting server' ok, step 'Establishing secure communication with server' ok, once step 'Deleting previous workspace' is reached I get error message 'Failed to activate work account'. Would you know what step comes after 'Deleting previous workspace'?

We have Active directory but we only use it for access control. I have used the same AD with the BES 10, I have read that AD is only used to access the list of users in your organization when you create user accounts. Thus I assume the AD part should be ok We are on lotus notes, so traveler is being used.

Can you please help me out, what could be the problem I am getting?

Thanks,

Arvind

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom Germany

Re: Z10 activation falis

Hello Arvind,

i have exactly the same problem like you do. my thread is a few lines under yours. just i am using the german version, so i had to translate the messages. Sadly i have no solution yet, but i am hopeful someone on the forum might be able to help.

Alex

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Hello Alex,

I have also been working on this for some time. Are you also using traveler?

Arvind

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom Germany

Hello Arvind,

yes traveler is being used indeed, like in your environment.

alex