Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Z10 activation stop after enter exchange acc password

Hi all,

Recently after we upgraded our server to 10.1 we failed to activate our BB10 devices. It always complaint cannot reach exchange server even the server is up and running.

If we check from BB console all look perfect which BB acc associated with device and IT policy already push to the device left the last part to communicate with exchange. If we check from Exchange CAS IIS log didn't see anything try to attempt.

The same exchange server that we use for activesync on iphone is running fine without any issue.

Error: The server for account XXX [servername, port:443] can't be reached. The settings might be incorrect or the server could be temporarily offline. Check your settings and try again.

Need help.

Thanks.

Regards,
Yeo

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 activation stop after enter exchange acc password

are you using SSL on the mail server?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

yes, we're using SSL.

Enterprise SME
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

is the ActiveSync server reachable internally?  With IOS each device is likely making a connection in from outside your network.  With BB10 the traffic is being routed through your BES server.  So in the IIS logs the IP you would be looking for is the BES's.  You can also look in your MDAT log in the daily log folder to see the server attempting a connection with Exchange. 

Regular Contributor

yes, BB servers are able to reach Activesync servers. 

I can perform manual telnet with port 443 without issues.

from the BB log, i cannot see any attempt to exchange servers and in exchange IIS log i also didn't see any attempt from BB servers. Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Yeo

Highlighted
Enterprise SME
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

If you don't see any traffic at all between BES and Exchange and there is nothing in the MDS logs then you might need to open a support incident so that your device logs can be sent in and analyzed.  They would likely provide a lot more context in why that is failing for you.