Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
jderas
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Z10 and Q10 not Syncing Calendar or Contacts

Hello -  I am having serious issues with a  few users using Z10 and Q10 devices.

I have BES10 with exchange 2003. 

Currently about 100 users who are on the bes10 using either z10 or q10.. for the most part everything is working fine.

Here is my problem. Some users calendar's and contacts won't sync after the intitial setup of the work account on the device. 

Emails work fine its just the calendars and contacts. 

I found a work around to the issue for a few users. Here is what I had to do. The users that were having the problem had older accounts compared to everyone else and therefor had many calendar items. I had to manually delete older calendar items up until about 2 months before the current month. For the most part this resolved all sycning issues for some users.

This is where I am stuck. This solution did not resolve the problem for a few users.  So as stated I tried removing the old calendar items and made sure no special characters are in any of the contacts. One of the users had categories assigned to calendar events so I figured that must have something to do with it. I removed categories and still nothing. There appears to be no communication from the device to exchange at all (except for emails)- if i try to add a new calendar item or contact in outlook/OWA it never appears on the device. Also when trying to add a new contact/calendar item on the device even after selecting work account it does not show up in outlook/OWA. 

Thinking there might be something wrong with their actual accounts, i created new test accounts > then exmerged their mailbox  and imported it into the test account. I received the same results. I am in process of checking each calendar item to see if there is something in the list that might cause it not to sync up.

I even tried setting the account to use active sync instead of the work account and I received the same issue. This only happens on blackberrys though. If I use any other device: iphone, Android, or Windows Phone all contacts and calendars sync perfectly. - This is the part i dont really understand. Why would active sync not work only on blackberrys. 

Another thing worth noting is that everytime I add the accounts back to the z10 I am wiping the device and then adding the work account again. I also remove them from the BES and add them again.  

Anyone else come accross this issue? ANY help would be appreciated. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 and Q10 not Syncing Calendar or Contacts

Start with this.

In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device.

then in Outlook

highlight calendar
goto file import/export
choose export to file
choose Persoanl folder pst, next
make sure calendar is highlighted and choose subfolders if you have them, next

save to desktop with a name you can remember, Finish
Click ok on screen popup

Go to view, arange by events
delete all entries.

close outlook and any word files, open outlook back up after 15 seconds.

Then
goto file import/export
import from another program or file, next
choose Persoanl folder pst, next
find the file and import
Choose highlight calendar and Finish
Change view back to what you want and try again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

AlexFlavell
My Device: Z10

Hello,

Did you ever resolve this problem as I have exactly the same set up (Exchange 2003 and BES10) and situation in my organisation.

Many thanks

Alex

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did yout try what I posted above?

It has helped out many

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
jderas
My Device: Blackberry Z10

For the most part it did work, but we still experienced issues afterwards. Mainly it was when keeping old calendar items. The user accounts that were fairly old (over 2 years) gave us serious issues since there were so many contacts and calendar items. The work around was removing any old items from the calendar and removing any categories that they had. (our users werent to happy about this).  This fixed the issue for most, but sometimes the calendar just didnt update. 

We eventually upgraded the exchange server to 2010 which resolved all issues so far.