Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: bes 10 and public folders

for 590.00 USD, you can sync more than just contacts from public folders

http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-folder-sync/

i have been using this for a few years now and it solves many issues for us with public folders and mobile devices.

i also use it to sync contacts to a main folder so smarketing can get info fast with out having to ask users to export info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
poypoy
My Device: Q10/Z10/Z30 10.2.1.2102
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hi,

Same situation here. I can't believe that BlackBerry doesn't handle Public Folder sync. Microsoft came back with Public Folders system on the Exchange 2013 as they notice that the customers still need it.

So BlackBerry, please listen to your customers as MS did for once and give us back the Public Folder sync on BB's.

Regarding the CodeTwo solution, it's really nice but 590$ per user... it's too expensive! I don't know for how many users you need on your business, but for us, it's not affordable. I'm now thinking to change all the strategy of public folders into a mailbox with shared folders... What a wonderful mess...

If anyone ear something new about his, please advise :smileywink:

David

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ademaio53
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm looking into the Code Two solution, but I don't think that's a per user license. You install the software on the server and it does it's thing, regardless of how many users. I think it's just a one time fee to buy the software.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
poypoy

You're are right!

My mistake, I read to quickly. It's a licence of 590$ US per Exchange Server :smileywink:

so, makes more sense. :smileyhappy:

Thx for informing my mistake :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

And regarding Public Folders -> Please beg at MS to implement that in the EAS protocol, then you will see it on BB again.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

oliwer wrote:
And regarding Public Folders -> Please beg at MS to implement that in the EAS protocol, then you will see it on BB again.

doubt that will happen as they want to sell Shaepoint CALs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Same for me - just want to clarify it is MS which is not supporting Public Folders (via EAS) - Not BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

oliwer wrote:
Same for me - just want to clarify it is MS which is not supporting Public Folders (via EAS) - Not BlackBerry.

i understand that and agree that it is a MS issue

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ronbold9700
My Device: Z10

Here's the real kick in the pants.

The iphone and ipad have an app whereby the user can see/use public folders.  All of my iphone/ipad users installed the app AND the app supports the security I set up on the public folder.  If a user tries to DELETE a public folder contact, they get an error message (only 3 people in our organization manage the public folder contacts.).

So - Apple devices can read public folders from Exchange but BLACKBERRY CAN'T.

How's that for ya'

I had been holding my organization back, waiting for BB 10.  This ONE FACT, that BlackBerry 10 can't support public folder is THE REASON I MUST NOW ABAONDON BLACKBERRY AS A PLATFORM.

-Ron
(8800, 8310, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900, Z10)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
poypoy

I'm close to do the same thing as you...

one more sample with Contacts... with iPhone, you can Select which group of contacts of your EAS you would like to sync

with BBX, it takes all of them, even the suggested contacts and there is not so much you can do about it as they don't have any feature for this. Suggested contacts can be removed by doing some settings in Outlook/Exchange but the other contacts folders... nada.

David

Please use plain text.