Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
psunith
My Device: Curve - 8250
My Carrier: Etisalat

calendar sync only working 1 way

We are on BES 5.0.3 MR 7 (Bundle 227) on WIndows 2008 Enterprise Server SP2(32-Bit)

and

Exchange 2007 SP1 on Windows 2008 Enterprise Server SP2 (64-Bit)

We are having a "known" and "common" issue of calendar syncing only 1 way.

We add a calendar entry onto our MS Outlook, it updates immediately on the BB device.

When we add an entry on our BB device, it never shows up on our Exchange/Outlook calendar.

I have checked most of the online support forums & here and have checked most of the solutions like the Log on as a service etc entries & permissions of the BES account admin. all of them are as per norms.

Kindly help me resolve this asap.

thank you & kind regards

philip

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: calendar sync only working 1 way

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

Use search *cdo.dll on Exchange to find it and dont forget to look at hidden files during your search. Right click and choose properties to find the version of CDO.DLL

KB05270 - How to troubleshoot one-way wireless calendar synchronization issues

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
psunith

1. The version of CDO.dll installed on the BES is 6.5.8165.0

2. The registry exists and so I believe the CDO.dll is registered.

3. The Service Account is set as log on on each of the BB services

4. The service account has view-only administrator role, Send-as, Receive-As & Administer Info Store Role.

5. Exchange 2007 SP1 Messaging API & Collobaration Data Objects 1.2.1 is present

6. Service Account is not part of the Domain Administrator or any other priveleged groups.

7. Public Folder DB is mounted.

8. I re-registered the CDO.dll.

After all this, we still are facing the one way sync. We have folloowed all the articles & links you have mentioned.

Now, the only task is to install or upgrade the MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Now the link you have given me http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6248 is for version 6.5.8244.0 & the system requirements are as follows:

Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP

This package will not install on a system on which any version of Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or earlier is installed.

However looking at article KB15779, the note says:

This package will not install on a system on which any version of Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or earlier is installed or any other 32bit operating system.

Supported operating systems for MAPI 6.5.8244 and CDO version 1.2.1 are:

Windows 7
Windows Server 2003 64bit
Windows Server 2008b6bit
Windows Server 2008 R264bit
Windows Vista64bit

which is mis-leading.

We have the BES on Windows 2008 Enterprise 32-bit OS

&

Exchange 2007 SP1 on Windows 2008 Enterprise 64-bit OS

Kindly advice, on

1. Do I need to re-install or upgrade the MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with the version 6.5.8244.0?

2. will the version 6.5.8244.0 be compatible with Windows 2008 Enterprise 32-bit OS?

3.  how do i get the calendars to do a 2 way sync.

Kindly help me resolve this asap.

Thank You & Kind Regards

Philip

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

6.5.8190.0 might be better since 6195 had some memory leaks or CPU spikes

but the hard part is where to find it and not sure if t woks on 2008 32 bit either

can you make it a 64 bit OS?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
psunith

No we cannot change to 64-bit OS as part of our licensing.

I am not sure I understand what u meant by "6.5.8190.0 might be better since 6195 had some memory leaks or CPU spikes"

My current version of CDO.dll is 6.5.8165.0 & the current avaialble version is 6.5.8244.0.

But the system requirements mentioned on MS download site & the KB article article are misleading.

Please advice if I cna go ahead & install 6.5.8244.0.? will this work on a 32-bit system?

Kindly help.

Philip

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

i know it works on 2003 32 bit, I am using it.

typo on 6195, sorry but 8190 is a better version if you can find it

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BoldOperator
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Typically, I see this when the BlackBerry Service Account has been made a member of a Windows Protected Group.  Impersonation is explicitly revoked, and the service account needs to be able to impersonate a user in order to perform a free/busy lookup and insert a Calendar entry.

This BlackBerry KB article talks about this a little bit:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04557

There is an excellent, frank, and humourous blog post which talks about this from the Microsoft side in detail:

http://enterpriseadminanon.blogspot.ca/2009/05/that-admincount-adminsdholder-and.html

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

You should upgrade to the latest MAPI and CDO version which is 6.5.8244. That will run on Windows 2008 32bit as well.
After the update, you should re-create the MAPI Profile of the BES service account.
Please use plain text.