Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
decdec
My Carrier: Telstra

email / activesync problems bes 10

hi guys,

i am having email problems atm.

i have installed bes10/bds in our lab environment, everything went fine, srp fine etc, i am not using a router.

i can activate a z10 device, balance profiles everything all good even work drives works nicely through my mobile data connection.

i configured an email profile and pointed to our internal cas for activesync there is no externally facing activesync i want it to go through bds.

when i activate a bb i get an email profile on the device but cannot send recieve or do look ups.

when i look at the settings on the device it has my internal activesync address and port 443? should the device not just be looking at the bds and it brokering the exchange part?

i am pretty sure everything is ok from the activesync/exchange side.

i am not sure what to check or how to test where the problem is.

i suspect i may have certificate issues but the documentation is so vague on the whole process, and i have very little certificate experience.

if someone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Re: email / activesync problems bes 10

Perhaps a connection issue?

I would try following:

telnet from the server wehere BDS runs to your  cas server over port 443 to verify that BDS can reach CAS (Active sync services).

Also I would recommend to check the IIS logs on the CAS Server. Perhaps you can find out something in the logs.

If your account (on device) is not connected correctly, you should also see some error message on the account advanced settings on device. Did you checked that?

And also one thing to know is, how your device is connected with the network.

BDS differs between manual configured WI-FI Profiles and pushed WI-FI profiles via Admin Service.

Regards,

hape

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
decdec
My Carrier: Telstra

Thanks for the reply!

i tested telnet from the bds server to the cas, and it goes blank which from what im reading is normal when doing telnet over 443.

the iis logs werent enabled but once i enabled them there is a contant spam of event id 12

Unable to find schema for config section 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment'. This section will be ignored.

whether or not that is related i dont know from googling it doesnt seem to be something which would effect services.

on the device if i go to the account settings it does not give any errors however if i try and re save the password it says the server for account xxx can not be reached the settings might be wrong or the server could be temporarily offline, check your settings and try again.

also i am connected over mobile data not wifi so i am relying solely on the bb infrastructure.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Did you deployed any ceritificates or received any certificate warnings through activation?

You have to upload the root certificate to the device. You can also push the root certficate during activation automatically by a shared drive.

Regards,

Hape

Please use plain text.