Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
zoobie
My Device: Storm 9530

email notifications not showing up

Hi all,

I am new to the community and had a question for you all.

I have the storm 9530 and here is the version 5.0.0.419(platform 4.2.0.179) I also have the BES 5.0.1 of which I am the administrator of.  I connect to the lotus domino environment.  I just finished setting up the BES the other day and I am really new to it.

I have got everything working with it but for some reason my phone will not give me any notification when I receive an email.  The LED will not blink, phone will not vibrate or make a sound or will it show that a new message is there.  When I go into the folder the emails are there but are already showing that they are read.

All other notifications work, ie.. phone calls, sms.  the phone will vibrate and make a sound with these ones.  Also on the phone I can see the message notifications on the phone.

I have created a profile and under all the message areas I have them the same as

volume 5

count 2

play sound always

led on

vibration on

vibrate with ring tone off

I have tried pulling the battery and still the same thing happens.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Contributor
JerseyACT
My Device: Not Specified

Re: email notifications not showing up

Hi Zoobie.

I am not as well versed in this stuff as many others on the forums, but I was wondeirng what your Email Reconciliation settings are. On mine, I have On Conflicts: Mailbox wins.

Are you viewing these emails on your PC first or possibly, do you keep a mail program open on your PC? Maybe somehow your emails are being seen as read somewhere else.

You also might want to check your general options of your email. I had to change my auto open options to Never.

I hope that someone with more knowledge can give you some more insight.

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
New Contributor
zoobie
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: email notifications not showing up

email reconciliation settings are as follows.

Delete on: Mailbox and Handheld

Wireless Reconcile: On

on Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

Auto open newest message after removing from device from holster: never

As for viewing the emails it won't work if I have my email opened or closed on PC.

Thanks for your response by the way.