Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
kbe
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30
Accepted Solution

facebook contact info showing up on Z10 but no facebook rights set in work environment

Hi,

i saw information from facebook in my contact list (activities, birthday entry in my calender, fb profile picture...).

But i set a policy on BES10 to allow only RIM apps to use my work contacts for phone calls, text messages,...

Now i´m not sure if there is any information from my work contacts flowing to facebook and where the links in the contacts to the facebook account come from?

Is this info automatically pulled from facebook by comparing names?

Is the birthday reminder added to a separate calender? I have all birthdays in m workcalender and i don´t want double reminders or any info added to my work calender or contacts from facebook.

I´m not sure how to check if this info is completely stored separately or if anything from work perimeter is flowing to FB.

Any hints?

cu

Retired
MAD-VIKING
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10

Re: facebook contact info showing up on Z10 but no facebook rights set in work environment

Hello kbe;

Thank you for your question.

The below link will bring up the BlackBerry Security and Technical Overview of the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, where section 7, starting on page 45 will explain how the device and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 handle the work and personal perimeters.

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

In addition if you do not wish to see social media synchronization in the contacts; open contacts, go to settings, turn off any social media applications and cloud service.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

MAD-VIKING
Trusted Contributor
kbe
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

Re: facebook contact info showing up on Z10 but no facebook rights set in work environment

Thanks. Got it.

The FB info was just added to the personal calendar and also not added to the work contacts info.

The only thing i could not find out: what is compared between FB and contacts to get a match of the persons?

Seems like sometimes there is a match between email address and sometimes the mobile phone number.