Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

iOS Secure Work Space - Calendar Multi Day Events

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have looked for this issue in the forums but have not been able to find this issue.

I have successfully setup a couple of iPads with Secure Work Space using UDS10.1.1. Everything appears to be working correctly and all areas are syncing correctly but i do have an issue with the calendar.

This issue we are seeing is that multi day calenday events are not visually spanning across days when viewing the calendar in week or month mode. If, for example, i have a 3 day event than spans all day from Monday to Wednesday when viewed in outlook. Login to the workspace on the ipad and view calendar we get varying results.

Day mode :: will show as an all day event for the monday and when the item is displayed will show the correct time span in the summary, if i move to the Tuesday or Wednesday i will see no reference to the event at all against those days.

Week mode :: will display the 3 day event against only the Tuesday whilst displaying the correct time frame (monday to wednesday) is selected and viewed. Indeed every all-day event appears a day late on the calendar when in week view mode. The event does not visually span multiple days.

Month mode :: Will visually show the event as starting on the correct day (Monday) but only for that day, the event does not visually span across multiple days. Again will give the correct start and end info in summary window if selected.

This issue in itself could potentially be enough for us not to use the function as it has already caused issues with 2 users thinking they have free time and booking appointments because the calendar is not displaying the info correctly.  As a test if i setup the iPad with a direct EAS profile then all of the appointments display correctly so it is only as issue when using the secure work space.

If anyone could respond even just to confirm that the events display correclty for them when using an iPad with secure workspace on UDS10.1.1  then at least i will know its an issue on my system and not an issue with work space as a whole.

Thank you.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Re: iOS Secure Work Space - Calendar Multi Day Events

Hello F1Neil,

Thank you for your question regarding iOS Secure Work Space - Calendar Multi Day Events.

I am going to test and try and reproduce your issue. I will provide you with an update once my testing is complete.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: iOS Secure Work Space - Calendar Multi Day Events

Hi

I raised a tech support case regarding this and had the response that it's a known issue that will be fixed in an upcoming software release, but with no timeframe stated. I still don't know if this is a issue that affects a small amount of users or all installations.

Is this not an issue for more secure work space users that calendar information cannot be trusted?