Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

iOS Version Updates

This one goes out to any BB staff who may check these threads.

Is there some way that we can update the list of iOS software versions without waiting for BES10 updates to ship? The latest version of UDS goes as high as iOS 6.1, but over the past couple of months Apple has updated to iOS 6.1.3 so the UDS server is now 3 versions behind. Granted, Apple historically doesn't update so frequently, but building this into the UDS code means that for the most part, UDS will always be behind.

The issues that this causes are:

- you can't block problematic versions if the server doesn't recognize them but don't necessarily want to wait until the next BES10 update to do so, given that this may not appear for months.

- you have to allow either "All" or "iOS Other" in the UDS config so that people who update can still connect or register their devices. This takes away from the granular control aspect of the product.

So anyway, I guess I'm suggesting that it might be an idea to allow admins to add new version information manually rather than forcing them to wait for the next BES10 update.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: iOS Version Updates

[ Edited ]

With the current design the only way to update the IOS/Androids version's meta data is through a maintenance release or service pack.  It's not optimal, but it's currently the way it is.

Please use plain text.