Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 02

migration to 2010 and BES 5

hi!

we currently have 2 server 2003 boxes one for bes and one for mail

ive built new servers for exchange 2010 and bes 5

ive been using the transporter tool to migrate the users from old BES 4

Ive also been having problems with duplicate calendar and contacts so my question is...

what is the correct order to proceed with this migration?

is it move user to 2010 wait for replication/sync etc then move user from bes 4 to bes 5 or vice versa

how long should i wait if i transfer the SRP from the old server to the new( new hardware) before moving users from the old BES server to the new

thanks for any advice you may be able to provide

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: migration to 2010 and BES 5

metallicor wrote:

hi!

we currently have 2 server 2003 boxes one for bes and one for mail

ive built new servers for exchange 2010 and bes 5

ive been using the transporter tool to migrate the users from old BES 4

Ive also been having problems with duplicate calendar and contacts so my question is...

what is the correct order to proceed with this migration?

is it move user to 2010 wait for replication/sync etc then move user from bes 4 to bes 5 or vice versa

how long should i wait if i transfer the SRP from the old server to the new( new hardware) before moving users from the old BES server to the new

thanks for any advice you may be able to provide

is old BES at SP7?

what OD is device on?

Always move to new BES first then move mail boxes after about an hour or so so it is synced up.

Are you using EWS on new BES?

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES ?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

hello knottyrope i knew you would answer my call :smileyhappy:

so you have mentioned cdo and ews, would these both be the problem regarding my duplicate calendar/contacts issues?
i have the latest cdo 1.2.1 on bes 5
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

is old BES at SP7?

what OS is the devices on?

have you tried to turn off sync on BES and start it again?

Do you have duplicate Desktop service books on device?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

the old bes is 4.1.7.17

OS for devices is 5.0

yes have duplicate desktop service books as well.

all users are ok now apart from a couple and ive noticed that although the activation email is generated it only contains 2 words and not what i would expect to see. is this a licencing problem?

most recent activation mail just says

Welcome!

aqtzeb

Guru III
My Device:

have users delete the service books and resend from BES to clear it up.

The activation message can be modified to your liking.

How to customize a Custom Activation Email Message

I use this.

+ Welcome to Company BlackBerry Enterprise Activation

$n, in just 4 steps you will be enjoying your Blackberry.

For a replacement BlackBerry, take SIM card and MicroSD card from old BlackBerry and place into new BlackBerry.

1) Check on your BlackBerry device that Mobile Network is turned on.

2) Use one of the following methods to get to the activation screen:

Main screen select Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Enterprise Activation

OR

Main screen select Tools and or Settings, Options, Advanced Options, Enterprise Activation.

OR

In the device Options screen select Enterprise Activation.

3) In the Enterprise Activation screen, enter your corporate email address and the following supplied password:

$p

4) Ignore the Activation Server Address and Click on trackball/trackpad and click on activate.

NOTE *** this password will expire in $x hours or after activation completes***

Do not reply to this message, the mailbox is not monitored. Please forward all questions/replies to admin@domain .com

BlackBerry 101
http://us.blackberry.com/support/blackberry101/#tab_tab_style

BlackBerry Tips
http://us.blackberry.com/support/blackberry101/tips/

Video to learn from
http://www.youtube.com/blackberry#p/c/4238E71CB4762B66

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks

ah so that welcome message is in fact irrelevant then! I was awaiting the activation email but it never came just the welcome one. after having such a painless migration last week these last few stragglers are really killing me

im also getting "managed by desktop" in the MAGT logs. re service books. do i need to delete all of them relating to desktop or just the CMIME ones

Guru III
My Device:

Follow this

Duplicate desktop or unknown services are found in calendar or contact list options

for managed by desktop

Are users using desktop manager installed with BIS/personal settings?

New Contributor

thanks for your continued help with this.

all users have enterprise devices and use BES 5 and have no personal email accounts associated with the devices.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

now im getting enterprise activation failed.

permissions are correct iemstest works, srp is fine, im thinking it must be due to activation generation email problems

another thing ive noticed is that the account called dca740c8c042101ab4b908002b2fe182 in the registry has no default cas server supplied and adding the cas server to 001e6602 after stopping the mail store service doesnt fchange anything. in fact by adding it and restarting the service it removes the cas entry i just tried to apply.

i think some of these issues are due to the fact that i didnt disable the services on the old bes server just stopped them and you guessed it it was rebooted this morning so have one srp used by 2 servers! ive stopped all the services on the old one and disabled them and mail is no coming through for the users i successfully migratred last week but still cannot activate these last 4 stragglers