Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
bachir83
My Device: q10
My Carrier: mobistar

please advice: Connected to network, internet service unavailable

I have a new Blackberry Q10. When I try to set up my work email account (microsoft exchange active sync) I always get the message : “ your device is connected to a network, but the internet service is not available. Check your settings.” Our IT department cannot locate what is wrong. I’ve also contacted our provider, but haven’t heard anything from them yet. Do you have any idea what the cause is for this error. I need my email working on my BB because I travel a lot for my work.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: please advice: Connected to network, internet service unavailable

Read this:

"Your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check your networ...  

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bachir83

thank you for the reply. i have read that article and forwarded it to our IT department. they told me that SSL is turned off on our server now. so for now i'm still searching on what to do.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

But, SSL must be turned on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bachir83

on my Phone? or on our server? if i turn it on on my Phone i get the following message: the settings for your account are not ok. change the settings and try again
Please use plain text.
JSanders

On the server: 

Note: Ensure that SSL is enabled in the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync environment before attempting this workaround. If unsure if SSL is enabled in the environment, contact the administrator.

On the phone: 

During the setup of the Exchange ActiveSync account on the smartphone, use the following settings:

• Use SSL:  On
  • Port:  443

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bachir83

i had the same problems. tried a lott of thing, did a ton of phonecalls, upgraded, downgraded.

nothing did it.

now i just was on the phone with my provider (for over an hour for the 7th time i think)

they told me that it wasn't working because i have a a BIS (or was it BES)

because of this it wasn't working; they said all i need is a normal dataplan wthout the blackberryservices because OS10 don't need it. it should be working in an hour from now.

i hope this will do the trick. i keep you posted if it works. 

if not i will have to return th BB and go for a HTC or SAMSUNG. because without the mail the BB is worth nothing to me

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bachir83

nothing happend. i'm gonna give it another day or 2 and if it's not resolved my email problem, i'm gonna return it and never buy a BB any more. this is the worst experience ever. i had 3 BB before this one. and this one is a big disapointment (because i have no email). for the rest it is a very nice phone, but thats all it is right now.
Please use plain text.
rjkolo
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I am currently having the same issue as the OP. I have tried changing ports, I have tried many different things but I still recieve 1 of 2 errors. I have no internet service, and when I change ports it tells me that my password or username are incorrect. I know that my user name is correct and so is my password, any advice would be great.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rjkolo wrote:

I am currently having the same issue as the OP. I have tried changing ports, I have tried many different things but I still recieve 1 of 2 errors. I have no internet service, and when I change ports it tells me that my password or username are incorrect. I know that my user name is correct and so is my password, any advice would be great.

what email server and ISP?

how are you tring to connect with out internet access?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.