If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
dingo60
My Device: z10,q10
My Carrier: Telus

q10 - Email 'Forever' Retention - Email client stiops displaying new emails

Hi,

Anyone have any information on the q10 Email retention ? I started with 30 days and had no issues. Changed to 'forever' over the weekend and within 4-5 hours new emails stopped displaying. q10 would beep and flash indicating a new email. Display or search won't show beyond last visable email. All other devices on MS activesync are fine.

Putting back to 30 days has nor issue. Performed this process twice and abd ;forever' is just 4-5 hours. I have a large enough Echange emails - 6500 or so. Is this the issue?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: q10 - Email 'Forever' Retention - Email client stiops displaying new emails

Hi dingo60,

If you are referring to how long the messages remain on the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone, they would remain as long as they were not deleted or removed.
The 30 days is the synchronization interval, meaning the ActiveSync connection with the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone would bring down 30 days of items.

If you are setting this sync to forever and have over 6500 mail items, in addition to all of the other items brought over from the ActiveSync activation; this will take as much time as the connection within ActiveSync configuration allows. If ActiveSync is configured with no restrictions, eventually the entire mailbox will sync if there is enough device memory to hold the size of the synced mailbox items.

How long has the Forever setting been enabled? Were you able to eventually sync over all mailbox items?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
colinlaw
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Dear FS

I returned my z10 because of the restriction of storing email greater than 30 days: indeed on ios 10.0 all my email eyond 30 days as wiped out! Now according to ths string version 10.1 will enable "storage" of  as much email as you want.....I care less about the scope of syncing and more about retention of email: can you confirm if say you have 6000  email from the past two years: when you begin your first forever sync will all thse be transferred:therafter can you confirm if the   6000 will stay plus newly synced email when it arrives on the server???? there seems to be a confusion between syncing and storage of email: 

kind regards

colinlaw

Please use plain text.
alisaac
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Would you please explain how to access the email forever option? thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sujain181
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Frankie,

I am using Q5. I configured my mail as both IMAP as well as POP account.

In both cases, as my mails were deleted on server, it will get deleted from BB also. I remember we had feature "Sync Delete Mail" in previous BB.

How to retain mail on BB, irrespective whether it gets deleted on mail server.

Thanks...Sudhanshu

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sujain181 wrote:

Hi Frankie,

I am using Q5. I configured my mail as both IMAP as well as POP account.

In both cases, as my mails were deleted on server, it will get deleted from BB also. I remember we had feature "Sync Delete Mail" in previous BB.

How to retain mail on BB, irrespective whether it gets deleted on mail server.

Thanks...Sudhanshu

How to retain mail on BB, irrespective whether it gets deleted on mail server? There is no option like that on BB10.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hexerror
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: MY_MAXIS

Yeah...1 of my user face the same problem. 1-2 weeks after activation everything is ok. Suddenly user will not receive new email on his Z10. But, he can sent email & the sent item sync well. Tried to manual refresh, reboot & pull out the battery/sim not resolved the problem. My user using ipad & Z10. No issue on the ipad (activesync). My short solution is to delete the workspace & do the activation again. help me!

Details :

1- Mailbox size - 7GB (Usage 6.5GB)

2- Exchange 2007

3- Blackberry Z10 STL100-1

4- Interval set "Forever"

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

have you looked at the logs?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34552

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.