Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 4g LTE
My Carrier: Rogers

"Code 2009: You cannot activate your device at this time because there are insufficient device licenses. Please contact your administrator."

Before anyone gets too far, I have found a couple of BB KB articles (http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB34766&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...) that mention there is a proxy server causing the problem. 

All of our services are installed on the same server, and there is no proxy server in our environment.  I have gone into Internet Options and ensure that ByPass proxy is turned on anyways, however that doesn't help, as that is greyed out once I turn off "use Proxy Server".

We are running BES 10.1, and I'm receiving error 2009 when I try to activate an Android phone through the BES Client app.  We have 5 unused EMM Corporate licenses for BlackBerry 10 devices, BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, iOS devices, and Android devices.  I have ensured that the user is setup with our IT policy, mail profile and work mode profiles are also attached.  I have successfully installed the corporate security certificate as per the directions into he activation email, however when I try to active that phone via the BES Client on the phone, it gives the mentioned error.

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.  When we were previously using the trial licenses we didn't have this issue.  We have since purchased and installed 5 UDS licenses, but are now unable to activate the phones.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: "Code 2009: You cannot activate your device at this time because there are insufficient device licenses. Please contact your administrator."

did you remove your trial CALs?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Re: "Code 2009: You cannot activate your device at this time because there are insufficient device licenses. Please contact your administrator."

I believe I did.  It was a few months ago so I'm not 100% sure, but that sounds like something that I HAD to do so that I could install the purchased ones.  Also the trials one's had expired.  Here's exactly what I have for my UDS devices on the licensing section of my Management Studio:

EMM - Corporate for Blackberry

Blackberry 10 devices adn BlackBerry PlayBook tablets

Total: 20

Available: 9

Used: 11

20 Licenses expire on 03-31-2014

-------------------------------------------------------------------

EMM - Corporate

BlackBerry 10 Devices, BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, iOS devices, adn Android devices

Total: 5

Available: 5

Used: 0

There are no other licenses listed.

Contributor

Other than the suggestion to remove the trial licenses, which I have confirmed have been removed, is there any other suggestions on how to fix this?

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hi Gralen84

Did you resolve this issue?

I'm also getting Error 2009 when activating a new Android device on 10.1.3  UDS, and like yourself the issue is not related to a Proxy Server.

Contributor

No, we never did get this figured out.  We have just stopped trying to use the BES10 for UDS.  If you happen to get an answer, please let me know.  I was going to try to repost this, but since no one had any suggestions I figured that this is just a malfunction with the new BES10 software.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

[ Edited ]

Same problem here...

Trying to activate an iPad Air (iOS 7.1) on a BES 10.1.1.6

The CORE-Log on the BES says:

ERROR,"2014-03-21 11:03:57,597",17,0,"(null)","An error occured contacting the Licensing server. Response code = NotModified, error = Not Modified",
,Type: System.Net.WebException
,Message: The remote server returned an error: (304) Not Modified.
,Source: System
,TargetSite: "System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()"
,StackTrace:    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
,   at RIM.BUDS.Core.Model.LicenseModel.MakeRequest(String method, UriTemplate template, NameValueCollection parameters) in c:\ec_build\1130696\BUDSServer\source\enterprise\BUDS\Server\Sources\RIM.BUDS.Core\Model\License\LicenseModel.cs:line 242
ERROR,"2014-03-21 11:03:57,597",17,0,"(null)","User CheckActivation : The maximum number of activation licenses has been reached.",

Not that the http-errorcode is 304, not like in KB34766 or in KB34492

The Problem doesn't appear to be related to a proxy misconfiguration, as the problem persists even if I don't make use of a proxy in the IE-Settings at all. Connection to the BB Licensing infrastructure is ok. 28 free EMM Corporate Licenses are available and are being shown in the Licensing management console.

Really don't have any indeas anymore...

Contributor

I'm just waiting on some approvals to purchase a years worth of tech support from RIM, and this will be one of my many issues I will be addressing with a tech support agent.  Once I get an answer, I will be sure to post it.  If you happen to figure out how to make this work, please let me know. 

Funny thing is that I had no issues activating non-BB devices on our BES 10 Server when we first got it, but as soon as I purchased some UDS licenses, everything stopped working. 

Visitor
My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: Etisalat

I'm having the same issue. were you able to fix that.

Contributor

I actually just discovered two days ago that the problem is secluded to "Work Spaces".  When I install the BES10 client on a Samsung phone, and then do the activation it works perfectly.  The moment that I start trying to install the "BES 10 Work Space" app (or even the secured one), and use the work space policies on the BES10 UDS, then I start getting activation errors. 

Since we don't need to be running a secured work space in our environment, I just skipped that step all together.  We are now using the BES10 client to allow us to control our phones via the BES 10 UDS, and then we just manually configured email via Exchange Active Sync.  I would love it if the email was configured automatically when I activate the phone, especially since I've setup a mail profile with the Exchange info, but that's a minor issue.

I hope this helps you some.  If you end up figuring out how to make the UDS work with the secured work space, and especially the mail profiles, please write back on this post as I do check it.