Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mdfinn
My Device: Blackberry Enterprise Server
My Carrier: Don't know
Accepted Solution

"%s installation has failed" trying to install Java during BES 5.0.1 install

Trying to do clean install BES 5.0.1 on my Exchange 2007 Server.  Installer does not detect Java, and it fails to install Java with a Windows Installer error: "%s installation has failed."  I have tried manually installing latest JRE and JDK (1.6.0_18), both 32bit and 64bit versions, and attempt BES install after each one -- same error (and failed detection) each time.  Installer pops up a Windows Installer window before the %s error.  it's the same window you get when you type 'msiexec /?' from cmd prompt.  Seems like maybe the install script is using a deprecated flag/option for older version of windows installer?  A search of the forums has not turned up anything.  Any suggestions?

Server specs (named 'Proteus'):

4.0 GB RAM

2x Xeon E5335 CPUs @ 2.00GHz

MS Windows Server 2008 64-bit Enterprise SP2 (NOT R2) (version 6.0.6002)

MS Exchange 2007 Server Enterprise SP1 (version 8.1, build 240.6)

CDO/MAPI installed

c:\sqljdbc_2.0 folder created and populated.

Windows Installer 4.5.6002.18005

logged on as 'besadmin'

Single domain/forest

3 DCs (2 Win2003, 1 Win2008 Core), all separate from Exchange server

besadmin user created in AD, not in 'Domain Admins', but in local Administrator group on Proteus

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdfinn
My Device: Blackberry Enterprise Server
My Carrier: Don't know

Re: "%s installation has failed" trying to install Java during BES 5.0.1 install

Well, I was able to get past the error by removing all my manual installs, and then manually launching the JDK installer from within the BES installation folder.  the BES setup then recognized that Java was installed and proceeded.  ...but that's not the end of the story.

Next install attempt resulted in a rather generic looking error window saying "Internal Error 2739."  A Google search on this, fortunately, turned up a lot of hits.  Seems to be a fairly common error, and the resolution is simply re-registering the correct jscript.dll file.

I've made it to the "reboot" stage with no errors this time... we'll see what happens next!

Please use plain text.