Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
kbe
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook + Z10
Accepted Solution

unable to edit EMWS instance (enterprise management web service)

Hi,

i setup a fresh BES 10.1 for testing.

The setup installed all components on one machine (BDS, UDS, Management Studio). Seems i did not catch the point where i was able to deselect UDS.

Now the EMWS.exe service is not running. When i start it it stops directly again.

I found some documents concerning port mismatch when UDS is on the same machine like BDS. But i can not edit the instance if EMWS to check the ports.

Each time i klick the instance i get a page with the following text:

BlackBerry® Administration Service

The application has encountered a system error. Please report this error to the System Administrator.

Please return to the home page or log in again.

Now im not sure where the problem is. Any hints?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kbe

Re: unable to edit EMWS instance (enterprise management web service)

Just to keep you informed:

I installed 10.1.0 Bundle 69.

There was no option to deselect UDS. I only had the option to choose core components.

Seems there are no ports in duplicate use, so maybe the installer does it right if you install all at the same time?

What i found concerning my problem is KB33793

I´m missing the 2 reg keys 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\EMWS
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logging Info\EMWS

I do not have another install to use a copy of this keys from another system, so i´m justing starting to do an install over the running system. Hope this works and no config is going messed up. 

At the moment i´m waiting for 5 minutes at the install screen at the point "Instllation" with no progress showing up...

I`ll keep you up2date. Maybe this post hels someone with the same problem, because all i found until now did not help me.

cu

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kbe

[ Edited ]

be aware: after confirming the settings for setup there is a popup behind the main install window. Nothing will happen untill you bring it up to the front and klick OK. :Whistling:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kbe

[ Edited ]

ok, enough for this evening.

After installing over the existing setup (important: also reinstall the management tools, select the same settings as the first install) everything seems to run. I dont see errors in the windows logs. To tired to check all BES logs today.

Had to activate the lic again.

Now EWMS is running. All ports seem to match by default.

Will try to activate my Z10 and see what happens tomorrow.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kbe

To close the Thread : the mentioned KB did it. Problem solved after reinstall over the existing Setup. 

Please use plain text.