Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
Karin-Imperial
My Device: Blackberry Z10

when delete emails on phone it also deletes all from computer - how do I get them back?

Wow, not impressed!  Just got my new Z10 on Friday and I was on the road today and as emails came into my phone I deleted them as I was going to take care of them at the office on my computer.  Well, I came into the office and they were not on my computer.  Bell Support told me when you delete from the phone it deletes everywhere!  You have to be kidding me.  Why would Blackberry do this when that was not the case with the 9780.  How can I get my deleted emails back?  Please help!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: when delete emails on phone it also deletes all from computer - how do I get them back?

Hopefully there is a backup - you should ask your admins or email provider.
Z10 is using i different way to sync emails - when you delete emails, they are deleted. You also where able to configure that for your old device.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer

Re: when delete emails on phone it also deletes all from computer - how do I get them back?

Hi Karin,

BlackBerry released an article regarding that:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33560

You will not get your mails back anyway, but at least there is communication by BlackBerry. Sorry :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Karin-Imperial
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Thank you so much!  Greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer

Your welcome :smileyhappy:
Was my answer helpful? - Like it please!
Did my answer solved your request? - Mark it as solution :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1

my phone I deleted them as I was going to take care of them at the office on my computer.  Well, I came into the office and they were not on my computer.  Bell Support told me when you delete from the phone it deletes everywhere!  You have to be kidding me.  Why would Blackberry do this when that was not the case with the 9780.  How can I get my deleted emails back?  Please help!!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1

Why would Blackberry do this when that was not the case with the 9780.  How can I get my deleted emails
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnnyuk
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64GB, Curve 9380

If you use MS Exchange and MS Outlook at work you might be able to use Outlook's Recover Deleted Items feature to get your emails back. It depends on how the retention policy is setup on the Exchange server. Also your IT department may have backups of your mailbox that they can restore your emails from.
Please use plain text.