Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

mgiurgeu
My Carrier: Rogers

work space is locked

I've attached two Z10 devices to a new BES10 installation, set "Password Required for Work Space" policy to "No", verified that the policy has been sent to the devices but the devices still prompt the users that "Work Space is Locked" and asks for the password every 45 min.

I'm pulling my hair trying to disable this. Any help would be greatly appreciate it

Please use plain text.
viper488

Re: work space is locked

Having the same frustrations. Anyone find a way to make it work?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-

If you swipe down your settings menu and choose Balance what is Work Password currently set to?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BastianW
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have exactly the same issue (together with other users) which is really anoying for all of us.

my settings are:

Work Password: off

Simple password: off

use as my device password: off

lock work space after: 5min

password attemp limit: 10

Bastian W.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BastianW wrote:

I have exactly the same issue (together with other users) which is really anoying for all of us.

my settings are:

Work Password: off

Simple password: off

use as my device password: off

lock work space after: 5min

password attemp limit: 10

why lock in 5 minutes if you are not using a password?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nenadmlinar
My Carrier: VIP srbija

I have similar situation. BES10.1.3. IT policy is set to: "Password Required for WorkSpace " to NO.  During activation of device it did not ask me for pass, which was case when this policy was turned to ON. But after activating device, work space is being locked after some time, and I need to unlock workspace only to click on lock icon. What is interesting me is, where I can tune up this lock time, because in policy "Security time Out" it says: "On devices using BlackBerry Balance technology, this rule takes effect only if you set the Password Required for Work Space rule to Yes.". I think that this means, that it  does not take efect in my case, but obviously it does.

I am testing now what will happen when I turn "Securiti time" policy ON (60min) regardless of blackberry note for that policy.

I had this problem also on 10.0.0 version. I case of this version ,the only way to bypass workspace is to enter empty pass.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nenadmlinar

Test finished. 

Secure Time Out set to 60 sec, but workspace is locked for about 15 minutes.  ? Where to change this time out period ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nenadmlinar

I just noticed that policy is devided in two types. 

Devices with EMM - Corporate (BlackBerry Balance) and Devices with EMM - Regulated (Work space only),..

and there is also third option "Rules for all devices" (in password policy). How it is procesed and what does it means.?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nenadmlinar
Please use plain text.