09-20-2013 01:29 AM
I am new to this forum. Let me know if my question is not related to this forum.
We are in phase of Transition from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. Will co-exist 2003 and 2010
Exchange 2010 has been installed.
I am following the link of blackberry KB22601
We have 1 BES v5.0.3
Task 2 (KB15779) of the above KB states to update MAPI/CDO on BES.
But in our BES;
1) No MAPI/CDO is available in Add/Remove programs on BES. So I guess it is not installed.
2) I can see CDO.DLL is manually registered on BES by followng KB 02937.
3) During MAPI/CDO installation I get below error
"Messaging API and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 can not be installed with this version of Microsoft Exchange"
My question is how to solve this?
Since CDO.DLL is manually registered, my only option
1) Is to remove/uninstall Exchange system manager from BES and then reinstall MAPI/CDO?
If yes, then what are the steps to remove ESM from BES.
2) Do I need to reinstall ESM AGAIN on BES?
Appreciate your help in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-20-2013 08:38 AM
If BES is istalled on separate server
stop all BES services while logged in as BESAdmin
install MAPI CDO
reboot and stop all BES serices and re create MAPI profile
Start BES services
If BES is installed on Exchange please reply back
09-21-2013 04:28 AM
Thanks, it worked. My fault, I was selecting "Change" and "Remove" while uninstalling Exchange system manager. But actually "Remove" and "Remove" should be selected.
09-23-2013 09:53 AM
glad to hear your doing better