04-23-2009 11:21 AM
I'm wondering if the problem might be at our host provider...Cincinnati Bell.
Our exchange server is setup to forward emails through email accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wonder if Cincinnati Bell needs to make this adjustment to their BES? What do you think?
Problem solved! Troubleshooting steps below.
1. On the BES server, Open Blackberry Server Configuration
- Select the attachment server tab, then Configuration Option: connector configuration, remove PDF
- Select Configuration Option: Attachment Server, uncheck PDF
- Click OK
2. Restart the Blackberry Dispatcher Service, Restart the Blackbery Attachment Service
3. Open Blackberry Server Configuration
- Select the attachment server tab, then Configuration Option: connector configuration,
- Delete all current file extensions
- add the following file extensions: exactly as below (note: PDF is listed twice)
- Select Configuration Option: Attachment Server, check PDF
- Change all MAX file size limits to 2048 (2MB)
- Click OK
4. Restart the Blackberry Dispatcher Service, Restart the Blackbery Attachment Service
5. Send yourself a test PDF
Anyone know what an AMR file is?
04-23-2009 11:25 AM
I would try it with one user first to see if it works.
Did you upgrade older version to 2003 or is it a clean install of 2003?
04-23-2009 11:30 AM
if exchange is forwarding it then that is most likely your issue.
1. Open ESM
2. Expand Global Settings
3. Click on Internet Message Formats
4. In the right pane, Right click on what's there, probably "*", and go to properties.
5. Go to advanced Tab
6. Change Exchange Rich-Text Format to Never use. Apply and close.
Not sure if you need to restart any Exchange services.
Note that your users will still have HTML, RTF and Plain Text as options when composing emails.
04-23-2009 11:45 AM
Just curious but what BES version are you running? Also is LDAPSearch Key enabled on the BES? Reason I ask is becuase I had a similar issue few yrs ago and it was due LDAPSearch key enabled on the BES and how name resolution was occuring.
Name resolution via MAPI is diffrent from LDAP so a certain property in the message was not being set according to MS refrences. If i can find the email i'll make sure to post the details.
04-23-2009 12:01 PM
04-23-2009 12:01 PM - edited 04-23-2009 12:03 PM
Which solution worked...just realized there were more then one...
04-23-2009 12:08 PM
Also mark the one that solved it and give some kudos too.