Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
dsplanky
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

9650 Won't complete backup through Link

I have a 9650 Blackberry with 8000 contacts on it (nightclub host in Vegas).  Trying to transfer to Z10 is more difficult that working out 90 days in a row on p90x!

The link recognizes the 9650, and begins to do a backup.  About 10% it simply goes back to the Link homescreen with no completion or file completed.

I need my phone as soon as possible since I am about to open a new nightclub at MGM, and have people inquiring frequently.  Not being able to identify who customers are, referrals are etc, is paramount to do my duties... hence the reason while I'm still on bbm (1000 contacts)...

Also, good looking on having WhatsApp prepared for the US launch #fail

Thanks in advance on any answers anyone can provide. 

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: 9650 Won't complete backup through Link

Hello dsplanky,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Are you attempting the data migration process as listed in the following article? http://bbry.lv/I2HhIC

Do you have these contacts stored in any other location such as Microsoft Outlook or on a web based email account?

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dsplanky

I use mac mail and was on a Microsoft Exchange server and now obviously Microsoft Access but haven't had wireless synchronization on for a few months due to our work server it guys ignorance and constant losses of data.

Most contacts came through last night after access synced but probably missing 130 days of work or more. As in, new contacts, contact updates etc.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dsplanky

addition i went to Verizon for 5 hours and tried a multitude of things
Cellebrite - would accept all 7986 contacts from the 9650 but the z10 wouldn't accept them
Wi-fi - the two phones paired with each other. When "Transfer Contacts" it only transferred the first contact. Is there an option. To make sure it selects all when creating the. Vcf file?
Sd card - no way to grab the. Bbm file from the Sd card on the Z10
Verizon blackberry assistant - my contacts were all backed up via the 9650 and while the z10 Verizon back up assistant sees all contacts and starts to sync information, it stops about 15% and says it can't connect. Although its most likely Verizon network not able to handle the bandwidth of 8000 contacts
Please use plain text.