Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
rcgjr
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

BB Link 1.1.1.26 Unable to sign in to your BlackBerry ID. Confirm you are connected to the Internet and try again.

I am having an issue with BlackBerry Link 1.1.1.26.  I have installed, removed and reinstalled several times and have not been able to find a solution.  Once link is installed and running, I click the 'Sign In' button and am then presented with an error message that indicates 'Unable to sign in to your BlackBerry ID.  Confirm you are connected to the Internet and try again'  The desktop (Win 8 64bit) is definitely connected to the internet, using it to post this as we speak.  Network setup is simple DSL modem, router and wi-fi, no corporate firewalls or associated issues.  I have tried disabling firewall, and windows defender, rebooting and nothing seems to work.  I did once get it to sign in after a fresh install, but the next time I loaded it was presented with the same error.  Does anyone have any ideas or fixes?  Getting very frustrating and want to get file sharing setup.

Thanks Much for your assistance!

Rick

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB Link 1.1.1.26 Unable to sign in to your BlackBerry ID. Confirm you are connected to the Internet and try again.

Hello rcgjr,

Thank you for your question regarding the message you are receiving when attempting to log into your BlackBerry ID on BlackBerry Link.

Did you also check your firewall settings to see if the application is listed as having access? Has this worked for you in the past and do you recall whether or not any changes been made to your network settings since? 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rcgjr
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: BB Link 1.1.1.26 Unable to sign in to your BlackBerry ID. Confirm you are connected to the Internet and try again.

I was able to get link working yesterday by doing a complete uninstall of BB Link as well as BB Desktop Manager;  Rebooting, running a registry cleaner, rebooting again and doing a fresh install of BB Link.  It now seems to be working.  I have tried it a few times and after several reboots it still seems to be working.

Yes I had previously checked windows firewall status and it had exceptions for Link enabled.  I had also tried completely turning off the firewall and windows defender but that had not worked.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue!

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yobilitoi
My Device: z10
My Carrier: smart

If you remove and reinstall Link will that remove your back ups as well?
Please use plain text.