Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
GrumpyOne
My Device: Backberry Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: MTN

BB Link 10.0.1

The BB Link update was released today. What a disappointment. It can only import one way from Outlook to the phone. After having the phone for so long the this option is worthless.

BB say the two way sync will be released in future.

It is sad to see that even though BB are trying to recover credibility, they still treat their customers with such disdain. No communication and no improvements.

Its time BB remembered they are alive because we the customer support them. Give us the respect and courtesy we deserve by giving us the basics we had on our old phones and enhanced on our new.

BB do you really care?

Martin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BarryBlack
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: BASE (german provider)

Re: BB Link 10.0.1

GrumpyOne wrote:

The BB Link update was released today. What a disappointment. It can only import one way from Outlook to the phone. After having the phone for so long the this option is worthless.

BB say the two way sync will be released in future.

It is sad to see that even though BB are trying to recover credibility, they still treat their customers with such disdain. No communication and no improvements.

Its time BB remembered they are alive because we the customer support them. Give us the respect and courtesy we deserve by giving us the basics we had on our old phones and enhanced on our new.

BB do you really care?

Martin

With all the micropayment and app stores in mind even the-company-formerly-known-as-RIM seems to lose the focus on their customers needs and wishes.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

BlackBerry Link v1.0.1 lets you import contacts and calendar appointments from Microsoft Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, along with other improvements to the user interface. You can sync and share media files, such as music and photos, between your BlackBerry 10 devices and computer. You can also switch from a previous BlackBerry device, back up your data, update your device software and more!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GrumpyOne

Hi Teaboy. You obviously do not use this programme or phone daily. This simply lacks the ability to do the basic syncing.

It is far more important to continuously sync appointments and contacts rather than music and photos.

After all, this is supposed to be a business phone. Yet it cannot do the basic syncing.

The BlackBerry developers need to meet the users and really understand their requirements.

Then they would not post such drivel as you have here.

Martin
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

GrumpyOne wrote:
Hi Teaboy. You obviously do not use this programme or phone daily. This simply lacks the ability to do the basic syncing.

Martin

Martin, we've known the limitations of this version of Link for weeks, BlackBerry announced a month ago the first upgrade of Link would transfer ONLY way, from Outlook to Link. It's not "new" news.

Neither is it new that on any given issue, trolls will appear in the forums to belittle others, and puff their chests behind anonymous computer screen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GrumpyOne

because we care for the success of our supplier that we are here sounding off. Trying to attract their attention to us, the user. If you feel I am belittling someone then tough. I am not interested in egos
Only getting the best for the customers and therefore the supplier.

When the suppliers ego is bigger than its desire to service its customer, it's setting its self up for failure.

Has BlackBerry met its customers' needs? I think not.

Martin
Please use plain text.
Chronos
My Device: 0
My Carrier: 0

Hi everyone,

For the benefit of other members, Please keep it courteous.

I understand your frustrated with your issues, but these forums are peer to peer support forums and the contributors and forum veterans are here to help you as best they can, we don't censor conversation, as long as you keep it on track and  courteous please.

Thanks,

Chronos                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

GrumpyOne wrote:

Has BlackBerry met its customers' needs? I think not.

And, they announced four weeks ago EXACTLY what this update would do, and that another future update would be complete in the two way sync.

For some customers, this update is exactly what they need. Others wait.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mshanshal
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

I have already been able to transfer / sync contacts and calender using CompanionLink with Google.  It works nicely.  I have been waiting for the new Link update so we can sync Notes.  This new update does not seem to do anything with Outlook Notes still.  I hope the full sync eventually does address the Notes too.

If it is a one way transfer, will it actually check if the names are already there or will it duplicate them?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BarryBlack
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: BASE (german provider)

JSanders wrote:

GrumpyOne wrote:

Martin

Martin, we've known the limitations of this version of Link for weeks, BlackBerry announced a month ago the first upgrade of Link would transfer ONLY way, from Outlook to Link. It's not "new" news.

Neither is it new that on any given issue, trolls will appear in the forums to belittle others, and puff their chests behind anonymous computer screen.

Who's "we"? I've followed news about BB a long time. Full local sync was for years and still seemed to be a feature. This is isn't possible now. Noone says a word when it will implemented. RIM/BB worked on the new device for a long period - no time to implement local sync? In times like these, with companies patronizing their customers, it's hard believe that a company has the wishes and needs of the customers in mind. Look at Nokia: no local sync, just like BB now - Nokia had a excellent local sync ... gone, gone, gone.

Impatient customers? Maybe, but posting in forums is the only way to keep pressure on companies. Next is giving it back or selling it on ebay. Naming these people "trolls" is a sort of immunisation, esp. if these folks just and only want a fully operational solution.

Please use plain text.